Sign in to follow this  
FSXDan

Need help setting up 3 monitors in FSX!

Hey everyone, I just got my PC built, and it is rather beastly. I am finally desperate to get on my flight sim. But when I load it up, it only fits on one screen, my primary middle.

I have 3 Asus VG248QE models, 2 of them running DVI and the last running displayport to a EVGA GTX 780 dual classified (will be getting a second card in the near future to SLI but for now, without it).  I am running Nvidia Surround and set it up properly, It works fine for other games.

I also use a program called FSX Booster 2013, it really is a great program that sets up your fsx.cfg nicely. However I think for this it may have made my fsx.cfg broken. I also have UltraMon running. Anytime I open FSX it sits in my middle screen. I have to physically stretch each side to the edges of my screens, if i hit maximize it only maximizes to one screen. 

I also tried to autohotkey trick, it didnt even work when I hit win+F11, nothing happened. So im not sure if something is blocking it from maximizing in window mode to three screens?

When I hit ALT+Enter however, I get three black screens, I can hear the plane in the background and I can see a bright black screen, but nothing else. Not sure why this is occurring.

I mainly fly the PMDG 737, 747, 777, and Majestic Dash 8-q400. Do you really have to adjust the panel.cfg for these? and how would you do that, Ive never messed with those. if someone could help me I would really appreciate it. I have been waiting 4 months for this moment  :(

Daniel Maris

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Monitors, Video Cards and Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I turn it on Nvidia surround, with the resolution for bezels it turns to 6020X1080.

I am only using those PMDG planes and the majestic dash 8, I use the dash 8 the most and really want to start flying, but it looks like crap, everything all zoomed out now with the truewidescreen aspect on, and its all zoomed to the center screen with a lot of stretching on the left and right monitors.

I really wanna fly :( how do I fix this?

Here is my fsx.cfg

Here is my Majestic Dash 8 Panel.cfg

Daniel Maris

I don't know how to edit the zoom in the panel.cfg but have you taken a look at Ezdok? It's a nice tool to configure your camera views and to save them for every aircraft you have, including zoom corrections.

I think you need to turn widescreen aspect off in the CFG, zoom out the maximum (backspace and then minus key) and move your eyepoint back (ctrl-down arrow) and maybe up and down a little until you're happy.

That's what I do, not perfect but much better than single screen.

Cheers

Keith

can anyone help me?

I'm guessing the problem is some interaction with UltraMon.

Can you disable/uninstall it and see what happens?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

The pinned topic does not help?

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10