Sign in to follow this  
killkenny1

"No Weather Available At Present" error

Hello,

recently I been experiencing this error. I haven't touched FSX for a month and once I came back from holidays OpusFSX refused to work. Before that, I have never experienced a trouble from OpusFSX in almost two years of using it. I read various topics/FAQs I found on the Internet, tried some thins (obviously I could have missed something as well), yet nothing seems to work.

Additional info:

Internet connection - for the past 1,5 I'm using university Internet, meaning I have proxy setup. Before this week it never troubled OpusFSX to download its weather. All other programs (Internet browsers, Windows Update, FSX own RL weather, Steam, etc.) work fine. Fiddled with proxy settings in IE, tried setting up everything manually, auto, used VPN, everything works fine except for OpusFSX.

FSX install - except for installing and later uninstalling SweetFX before going on holidays I haven't done anything else.

OpusFSX settings - a picture is better that a thousand words...which can be found here:

http://1drv.ms/VUXYD6

For some reason img code doesn't want to work here.

Current OpusFSX version is 3,50.0. And Of course I run FSXSERVER.EXE. Tried other versions (including beta) as well, nothing works.

Assistant still show the date from last flight (21.07.2014) and a location where I left my plane (ESGG).

Spy log:

GEN  General process monitoring has been enabled ...
 GEN  Licenced User Name : <edited>
 GEN  Licenced Order No. : <edited>
 GEN  Site Effects : 97 Opus, 0 User, 97 in Total
 SIM  Connected to Simulator
 SIM  Air Folder = mjc8q400
 MET  91 MetStns, 0 Metars Available
 GEN  Weather Update Due To Distance
 MET  Attempting To Download GRIB Forecast for Freitag, 29. August 2014, Cycle 06:00 Zulu ...
 MET  Unable To Connect To GRIB Server
 MET  Local MetStn : EVRA, RIGA AIRPORT, Distance 0,8 km
 MET  Local MetStn : UMRR, RIGA, Distance 7,8 km
 MET  91 MetStns, 0 Metars Available
 GEN  Weather Update Due To Distance
 MET  Attempting To Download GRIB Forecast for Freitag, 29. August 2014, Cycle 06:00 Zulu ...
 MET  Local MetStn : EVRA, RIGA AIRPORT, Distance 0,8 km
 MET  Local MetStn : UMRR, RIGA, Distance 7,8 km

Tried loading other save with other aircraft, new flights with default aircraft, still doesn't work.

Tried different servers, you bet - still didn't work.

Lets see, what else I could include here. Nothing comes to mind anymore. Hope it will be enough and I will get the software help I need, before it drives me insane and I'll need a different kind of help :D. I really want to play some FSX.

Thank you in advance.

There is nothing the software can do if it cannot access the NOAA server for GRIB or METAR data. Have you got any anti-virus software running that would block access. Perhaps the proxy server has changed. Something is blocking the FSXSERVER program from accessing the NOAA server.

This is not an Opus problem, its simply a case of not being able, through being blocked, the NOAA server to download GRIB and METAR data. Nothing we can do to overcome this as the block is on your system or proxy server. The only solution is to determine what on your system is preventing access to the NOAA site. Try accessing the NOAA ADDS site to have a look at the METARs manually using IE or some browser. Check you have not blocked the FSXSERVER program in your Firewall or AV software (which should not be active when using the sim).

Good luck.

Stephen :-)

With or without AV/Firewall still no luck.

Oh well, will prolly reinstall everything from scratch...

I don't think reinstalling will help. Did you try looking at the NOAA site with your browser and did that work?

Sometimes the router can block certain websites.

Cheryl

Seems rather drastic, something on your system is blocking Internet access to the NOAA, or possibly any site. If you just reinstall everything then it may happen again in the future. Have you tried using IE or a Browser to access the NOAA ADDS site ?

Try using your browser at this site and type in EGNX for the latest METAR,

http://www.aviationweather.gov/adds/metars

Everything works fine from the browser.

Still don't get it, what could have went wrong? Everything worked fine before...

And by reinstalling I've meant the entire OS. For the same exact reason you've mentioned above.

Oh well, in the mean time this gives me a chance to try out Prepar3d.

So something is definitely blocking the FSXSERVER program from accessing the Internet or just the NOAA site. Likely to be the former as both GRIB and METARs cannot be downloaded. It has to be some sort of Firewall or AV program, or perhaps something on the router.

Ensure you are running FSXSERVER with full admin rights. I assume you have checked the sharing and permissions of the relevant folders or the whole drive as per the GS guide. Can't think what would cause the problem other than what Stephen has mentioned.

Cheryl

Yes, I read the guide again (few times) just to be sure I didn't miss anything.

I guess I fell a victim to some strange anomaly which happens extremely rarely... But deep inside I think you are right to suspect my Internet connection. Even though it worked fine for 1,5 years maybe university changed something/whatever while I was gone.

Anyway, thank you both for your help.