Sign in to follow this  
sddjd

Key assignment for pitch trim....?

Apologize if it’s plainly listed but I haven’t been able to locate info on how to accomplish this (searches return innumerable posts regarding the other trim discussions).  I have had no success mapping a key or joystick switch to pitch trim.  Initially I thought this was not feasible in the T7, but I’ve seen others comment that they’ve done so.  Any simple method or link to other posts?  Thanks!!

Dan D

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

Any simple method or link to other posts?

Assign a key to the default FSX pitch up/down command.  Done.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks both for the replies.  Not working for me, but at least I'm off in the right direction to find the issue (ie: not a T7 item).

Dan Dominik                                                                           

That's not my dog."

If it not working  when you assigned  the keys in the fsx  control section than you must have  conflicting  key assignments than

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks both for the replies.  Not working for me, but at least I'm off in the right direction to find the issue (ie: not a T7 item).

Just note that if you are using the 777 to test whether or not the trim buttons are working, you must have the hydraulics turned on.

John Sturm

Thx.  Can't seem to trace it- I have no assignments for pitch or pitch trim in FSUIPC or FSX.  Have confirmed that all these have nothing assigned at all and re-applied.  Nothing.

Only reaction I'm able to get is pitch up using keys, but no elevator trim... 

Dan Dominik                                                                           

That's not my dog."

Some pointers:

1. Running as Administrator? installed FSUIPC as admin?

2. when testing with FSUIPC did you disable the controllers in FSX.

3. You said nothing has been assigned to elevator trim..Can you post screenie of your FSUIPC settings?

You need to let us know if you are using FSUIPC or not.

If you use FSUIPC you should disable joystickes in FSX.

Also, to check your joystick button is working at all:

go to Windows START, Control Panel.

In the right upper corner search bar type "game controller"

In the search result click "game controllers"

Then select your joystick/yoke/whatever from the list.

click properties and test your buttons.

Do they work?......does a red light show when you click a button?

If not then you need to install the proper driver!

Rob Robson