Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

RC1 is out

From LR  10.30 release notes:

Bug fixes in RC 1:

• Fixed high oil temperature limit not triggering annunciator light at correct temperature
  • Fixed annunciator/warning lamps not working when avionics power switch was turned off
  • Changed ATIS voice on Mac: It now allows selecting a different default voice, as long as it is an English voice.
  • Fixed crash when authors created ATC rules that refer to non-existing runways – X-Plane will complain about the respective airport instead
  • Fixed some GPS datarefs not working with the new GPS
  • Custom airport data for the new GPS may now contain airport identifiers with three-letter codes
  • Fixed possible hang on startup on Linux
  • Fixed extra beacon appearing at some airports – some showed a seaplane beacon instead of a land airport beacon
  • Fixed bad GL clip planes  for generic instruments – this fixes the X-Rotors AW139 panel
  • Fixed positioning the user’s plane from a networked IOS station not placing the plane correctly
  • Fixed cumulative distance display on flightplan of new GPS not working with long flightplans
  • Fixed EFIS map flightplan not disappearing when flightplan is deleted from the new GPS
  • If a plane changes the pitch setting for autopilot TO/GA mode, the default setting is restored when loading another plane
  • Fixed METAR parsing for NSC “No significant clouds”
  • Fixed possible crash on asynchronous scenery load
  • Fixed a bug with certain helicopters where the rotor droop and prop blade endcaps were not always drawn right

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Downloading now! Hopefully we will get more Aircraft releases and patches to old ones soon.

Like the Lancair legacy!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Clouds are still Frame Killers..   :(

Had to delete prefs due to a hurricane sounding wind inside and outside the plane.. Pref Delete cured it though.. 

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Does this add support for the Oculus Rift DK2?

Not yet, but should be coming in 10.31

'Philipp is working on updating our Oculus Rift support for the new SDK and DK2 dev kits. The SDK for the Rift changed a lot recently, and the docs/sample code are actually out of sync with the SDK, so I’m not sure how soon he’ll be able to tie this up.  We’ll cut a 10.31 with this code as soon as we have it.'

http://developer.x-plane.com/2014/08/i-am-not-really-here/

Cheers

UKF

Anyone working on the high altitude visibility issue? Cloud and weather depiction improvements?

OR will have its day in a year or two but surely there are other priorities?

I agree with Deetee, the high altitude visibility is one of the warts on this simulator. Those flying heavy metal up high in the flight levels have to look over this on every flight. It's time for this one to finally get resolved.

Justin Fletcher

I still can't see how Oculus Rift support is a priority, just my $.02

My assumption is that 1) it's interesting to Austin, so takes precedence over things boring to Austing and 2) it is a feature that will be promoted to sell more copies.

Unfortunately, these things take precedence over things like... seasons. Or fundamental multi-monitor support. Or puzzling building assignments based on landclass, like huge trailer parks where residential neighborhoods should be... or clusters of skyscrapers where a few small 2-story commercial buildings exist.

Honestly, X-Plane strikes me as a constant experiment. The reason I purchased was primarily to support Austin in his anti-patent trolling efforts, and secondly out of curiosity, but as in previous releases, I had a feeling it would come across again as a largely personal project.