Sign in to follow this  
mikieristo

What is with Nuvecta and their pricing?

Nuvecta's Treeline series is just what photo scenery needs for those areas not covered by airports, it simply gives you back the autogen trees. At the price they are asking for, this type of scenery would appeal to someone who lives in a certain geographical region, lets say for example Colorado and they likely all-ready purchased photo scenery for that region. The problem is what about people like me who want the entire USA covered, at those prices they are asking for well the words "you must be joking" spring to mind. Like other's have commentated on other websites they are Too pricey. I know they made an initial investment by paying for commercial grade data and the tools to create the scenery but I just can't see why the prices are so high after all most of the work is done using algorithms it is not as if someone is working hard designing the scenery. To get me and others on-board they are going to have to be more appealing with the prices like the more scenery you purchase the cheaper the price or even better yet a box set, although I would not personally spend more than 100 UK pounds and even then  I would think myself crazy for spending that much on just trees. When any one has commented on the high prices they start comparing themselves to others like MSE2 but the MSE2 product makes a world of difference compared to default where as the treeline scenery is just a tree add-on. What do you think, are you happy to cover the states at their pricing or would you just buy one or two probably covering you local area or no thanks no way at those prices but I would if they are priced right.

The problem is what about people like me who want the entire USA covered, at those prices they are asking for well the words "you must be joking" spring to mind.

Thanks for pointing out Nuvectas Treeline series for me. I might try it out as I really enjoy Treescapes on the Horizon UK photoscenery. I actually don't think the pricing looks too bad compared to the Treescapes pricing. I think Treescapes is around £70 for all UK regions. Remember how large the US is compared to the UK. But, yeah, you'd pay a lot to cover the whole of US. Not to mention how much you'd spend on the photo scenery underneath it and the storage to put it all on and the rig you fly it with. :unsure: Just imagine how rich we all would be if we didn't have this hobby :lol:

I can see this as a fantastic addon for areas with little or no autogen houses and so forth. I'm thinking of places out in the wilderness of Montana and places like that. So I might well get myself Montana from Bluesky, which is free (donationware) and then some trees, should look good. Although I did try the UK Treescapes with VFR England and stopped using it as IMO it looked crappy and I also got poor performance too.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I have just being looking at that too! I want to take advantage of the MSE sale and pickup the states the Alleghenies run through for Ridge Running. I need four states Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia and Tennessee. Ridge Running Involves flying a glider at fairly high speed a couple of hundred feet above the ridge so with the trees and other Autogen I don't think it will look so good.

There is the option to do it yourself though and that is what I am going to try.

User72 kindly pointed this out to me in another Thread:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Autogen_from_OpenStreetMap_data_with_scenProc

When it comes to Hobbies I think that "Rationale" goes out the window. Be it Golf Clubs, Cameras +  Lenses or heaven forbid Paintings and Postage Stamps.

For me its all about Flight Sim and to be frank cost does not enter the equation. If I want something I shall buy it. If not this week then next.

Some may prefer to go to the Pub and get hammered each weekend...now that is expensive...and have nothing to show for it. Well, OK, a headache in all probability.

Others may choose to smoke and set fire to their money and so acquire a quantity of ash...or should that be vapour nowadays.

I prefer to buy trees to supplement the States of America that I have purchased previously. Both of which give me endless hours of fun and entertainment for what is relatively small cost in the great scheme of things.

All boils down to the old adage I guess...If something is worth doing, do it properly. Or find something else to do that is less demanding.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

To be honest I have bought my first and last Nuvecta Product. I got tree line for Pennsylvania and although it does what is says on the box

It was bla! the trees are sparce and FPS hit is pretty big! There are other Autogen preducts coming and I suspect they will wipe the floor with these tree line products.