Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

We now have a framerate friendly KEWR

The latest scenery from Blueprint is KEWR.  Before now we only had one option for a detailed version of this airport and that was Imaginesim's legacy effort.  For the FS9 crowd this was a framerate hog in an already taxing area.  A while ago I asked Blueprint to concider KEWR and they told me they would (just like they did with KMSP and KMEM in the past).  Some may poo poo this developer but for an area like NYC we needed an effort like this that puts little overhead over the default when it comes to resources.  KEWR was the only airport in FS9 up until this point that gave me an issue on approach especially at dusk.  Now we have a version that looks great and is easy on framerates.  FSX/P3D has Drzewiecki Design's excellent version which may be developed for FS9 as well but until then the beast has been tamed.  I believe that's the last problematic airport we had in FS9 that only had one option.  Go check it out. 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Thanks Dillon.  It looks a heck of a lot better than the old Imaginesim version and is also available for FSX.

DJ

Never been a fan of Blueprint as I found their stuff to be too expensive for the quality produced..

Despite building their own custom made buildings the ground (taxiways/runways and aprons) are default with parking bay overlays so for me $25US is way too much for this airport considering the quality against other well known developers!! Plus with Drzewiecki who has confirmed (http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=277&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45 about halfway down there is a mention) releasing their New york airports for FS9, I'm sure they'll be half that price (individually) and a massive amount better quality wise then this one...

I would save the pennies until more info on a Drzewiecki Design New York is known!!

Also Blueprint will never be AES supported, so for me that's a big X right there ;)

Never been a fan of Blueprint as I found their stuff to be too expensive for the quality produced..

Despite building their own custom made buildings the ground (taxiways/runways and aprons) are default with parking bay overlays so for me $25US is way too much for this airport considering the quality against other well known developers!! Plus with Drzewiecki who has confirmed (http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=277&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45 about halfway down there is a mention) releasing their New york airports for FS9, I'm sure they'll be half that price (individually) and a massive amount better quality wise then this one...

I would save the pennies until more info on a Drzewiecki Design New York is known!!

Also Blueprint will never be AES supported, so for me that's a big X right there ;)

This has been discussed before concerning this developer's sceneries (nevermind the AFCAD file is highly customized over the default) but these offerings are nice just the same for what they are especially when the airport covered is the only game in town (KMSP, KSDF, KRDU, & KCLE.  Others could be mentioned in the confines of FS9, FSX only until the last few years has comparable alternatives to what I listed here).  For the type of scenery KEWR needed in FSX/FS9 this effort is exactly what the doctor ordered.  A super high detailed KEWR is a frame rate killer for sure (why the KEWR area is more of a FPS killer than KLGA and KJFK is a mystery to say the least).  This airport does a great job in keeping the approach smooth as possible.  BP's effort is amazing when it comes to performance.  Drzewiecki may pull it off for FS9 but in the day and age of FSX/P3D v2 I'm not holding my breath for any developer to do a promised package for FS9.  This version is here right now and works great.  It looks good as well even adding the WTC in Manhattan.  If Drz offers a version for FS9 I'll try it but as of now I can finally fly into a great rendition of KEWR much the same as I can do with Shez's KLGA and FSDT's KJFK.  I haven't been able to do that since I've had FS9 thanks to Simflyer's hoggy version and then Imaginesim's after that.  No developer would touch KEWR, I wish BP would have done this one years ago but no one suggested it.  So for me or anyone a fan of the New York area this is a great buy for that fact alone.  If Drz offers a rendition for FS9 cool, if they don't it's still cool as NYC as far as major airports go is decently completed (after 10 years).

I will say I would like a detailed Teterbourogh in FS9 but I have P3D v2.  I have way more options in FS9 currently than P3D but within a couple years that'll change... 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I agree with Flukey that this scenery is too expensive.  I have bought several BluePrint airports in the past when they were more reasonably priced.  Can't understand why the jump in price for Newark of all places.

I am having no excessive problems or frame rate issues with Imaginesim's version, so I'll stick with it until I see what comes next with Drzewiecki's New York for FS9.

Hopefully Drzewiecki releases their version. Wish Flightbeam would male their KPHX for FS9.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.