Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

What on earth just happened my 777 went crazy and crashed into the sea!

Ok I was about to turn final at PHNL after a 8 hour flight from ORD when suddenly I lost all control of the plane(I was hand flying it)It started with a shallow turn to the left IE the airport so I figured the auto pilot had enaged somehow so I tried to disconnect it nothing. Now the plane has started a slow roll to the right, I attempt to compensate with thrust by fire walling the left engine (as i have no control of the ailerons or rudder) but to no effect and the engines don't respond. the slow roll continues in desperation at 3000 feet and in a 90 degree bank I shut off the master power switch and gens to attempt so kill the autopilot still no control, now nearly inverted and a 2000 feet I continue to fight with the controls hoping, but reality sets in and I just sit back and watch the ocean as it goes closer then Boom! 8 hours wasted.... Nice. So what happened?I noticed none of the displays responded either.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

8 hours wasted!!! What about 300 simulated lifes? Just because they aren't "real", doesn't mean that they have no value. You are heartless! Thanks for good story telling though. I'll light a candle tonight.

ps I hope you get your problem fixed.

Someone probably turned on some kind of electronic device and it interfered with the Boeing Non-Interruptible Autopilot  :ph34r:

but reality sets in and I just sit back

That line gave me chills. Imagine having to accept your fate like that in real life. After going inverted without control surface operational there's not much you can do, imagine just giving up like that in real life guy? That's chilling. 

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

That line gave me chills. Imagine having to accept your fate like that in real life. After going inverted without control surface operational there's not much you can do, imagine just giving up like that in real life guy? That's chilling. 

I'm a pilot in the real world as well and I can promise you that I hope I never experience that. But a few people I knew I'm pretty sure did  :(

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Maybe a clue to what happened to MH370?

Seriously though, do you have any version of Active Sky running? Might be simulated wake turbulence.

Hi,

My 77W went also crazy tonight, flying from CDG to YUL, FL340, in mid-atlantic that big boy suddenly starts to descend slowly by himself with the AP on, MCP correction didn't solve anything. I switched AP off, but it was still impossible to control the beast, Externals ailerons plus the elevators weren't responding ! When applying aileron action, only the spoiler part (inner aileron) were visually moving but the aircraft didn't respond. Try to ajust trajectory with trim, slightly worked at first but then trim wasn't responding anymore. Only the Rudder trim's got effect on the aircraft. Finally I had to let it sink in the ocean as nothing was working.

Note that the screens were frozen until view change. The control column was also frozen, same for the throttle, but went back to normal few minutes later without any reason.

I hope there is a solution to avoid that very boring problem...

cheers,

Théo.

GATE 51

or ManFlex55

Did you happen to lock your screen before this happens and also do you use pre-rendered frames in Nvidia inspector?

Did you happen to lock your screen before this happens and also do you use pre-rendered frames in Nvidia inspector?

Nope I don't have anything beyond default settings and no active sky

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Similar thing happened to me this morning as well. After 14hours from OMDB to YPAD on short finals I lost all controls, warnings going off everywhere, but no annunciations and no respnse to any controls or throttles. Also could not turn off / disconnect autopilot. Ended up " landing " on some Adelaide houses! ( I already had the gear down )

Hi guys, I had a similar issue after the update, at the same time my ASUS Z87 PRO MB was having trouble maintaining the computer time. I updated to the latest firmware, the time keeping issue was fixed and I haven't had any problems with the plane going out of control since then.

Hi,

I'm encountering a major issue as my 777 is totally unusable. After several fsx restart throttles still not move according to my jostick instructions. It works for all other addons except for the PMDG T7 !

what's going on ?

GATE 51

or ManFlex55

So what happened?I noticed none of the displays responded either.

Did you check the proper connection of your USB control device?

so I figured the auto pilot had enaged somehow

First thing you should do after "why is it doing that" is look at the FMA, which reveals what mode the control system is in and immediately you can determine if you are in MCP or LNAV/VNAV or AP is on/off.  An uncontrolled roll and inability to control, lacking any wx induced event, could be cause by something in the controller hardware/configuration. Is the problem reproduceable? Try it on a short route like LAX-LAS and hand fly the base to final leg for ILS25R and see what happens.

Dan Downs KCRP