Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

I wonder what new "biggie" will be next

So PMDG 777-300 apart, it seems like it's been some time since we had a major new aircraft add-on release. I don't mean the two-a-penny Carenado and Alabeo releases with default systems, I'm thinking of any new complex airliners to go with the likes of the NGX, T7, Aerosoft AXE, J41, MJC Q400, QW Avros, Coolsky DC-9, Flight 1 Mustang, etc, etc.  Or for the GA fans, something of A2A or RealAir calibre.

The three "incomings" that I am most looking forward to are :-

- FSL Airbus A320

- Aerosoft Digital Aviation CRJ

- Aerosoft A318/A319

I think we're likely to see the Aerosoft A318/A319 first, then perhaps the FSL A320 one day, and as for the DA CRJ ; well I'll kind of believe that one when I see it ! 

What other relatively imminent aircraft releases are people looking forward to?

FSLabs Bus, its like waiting for the 2nd coming. How many years?

Q400 Pro

PMDG for P3D

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Airliner XP.. I still hope that project is running secretly :ph34r: , but its been 7 years now :(

- Stephen Sandwell

NG_Aviator

Yes, I certainly agree with the PMDG DC-6; very much looking forward to that one.... but sense it's still some time off.  (but same could be said of the FSL A320 and the DA CRJ)... the only one I feel confident about seeing soon, is the Aerosoft A319/318.

Haven't you got enough already??

Well in many ways, yes.  We're certainly not short of choices for good quality, hi fidelity aircraft.  But at the same time, if everyone took that outlook, then there'd be no point in any further developers creating / releasing new aircrafts........ and I'm sure no-one would want that.   Hence the interest in looking at what's next on the horizon.

Haven't you got enough already??

There's more than enough shovelware (both GA and airliners) to entertain you till the end of time, should shovelware be your kinda thing*, but genuinely high quality, high fidelity A2A/Realair/PMDG/Majestic type planes, they aren't that common, and for P3D the situation is even worse.

My biggest worry in this space is that we will continue to be flooded with very average Carenado level aircraft which diminish the share of wallet available for those who want to get it right, not just "good enough".

Personally, Q400 Pro and anything A2A put out under the Accusim label (they claim one is coming before Christmas).  And maybe the Aerosoft A319, never been that taken by Boeings and I'm not convinced the FSL A320 will land before I die.

* "You" in the general sense, not having a go.

I'm just hoping for a swift release of the FSL A320 THIS YEAR! I know they're working very hard on the project, but I think I'm becoming a bit impatient for a PMDG level of complexity A320!