Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

P3d v2.3 + Aerosoft Us Cities X San fran = horrid frame rates

Hey there everyone..

Trying to find someone who might happen to have this addon and prepar3d version 2.3..

I've tried everything but i cant get good frame rates with version 2.3 of prepar3d and this particular addon... i've tried removing the 3 "extreme" bgls, per other forums, this doesnt help much.. 

If i do a particular saved flight in a cessna real air c172.. aimed at the main city up close (say 3 miles or less away, heading towards the airport).. the saved flight in pause mode gets me about 14 fps.

Granted this is at 5760x1080 but lowering this resolution actually doesnt help much.. this is also with just a haze, no real cloud cover.. removing all weather doesnt boost fps much either.

If i run just this addon, leaving only FTXG and FTXV on, i get about 40 fps for the same test.

If i turn on FTX PNW + FTX NCA , boom.. 14 fps.. this is what drives it down. (particularly NCA)

So i'm curious if anyone has this combo of addons and maybe has experienced similar issues.. i guess clearly FTX is to blame.. i'm just trying to find a tweak to get around the slide show (after pause, the 14 fps becomes 8-13 heading forward).

Thanks in advance

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Only use P3D compatible software.

Well, technically, when you remove FTX Northern Cali from the scenery.cfg.. all is fine.. so not so sure this matters in this case.. i may dig deeper into removing certain bgl files to see if there might be an overlap causing the huge fps drop.  But yeah generally p3d compatible should work, but often times vendors state p3d compatible.. take ftx, some are called this but technically just install "into" p3d.. the lines are blurred in this regard, at least i think.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Have you tried this from Orbx forums?

Martin Reiffer, another Orbx team member, found a certain bgl the other day that seems to be bringing down the FPS in that area.

Try disabling "FTX_NCA_objects_SRA_marinas_ships_docks_PLC.BGL" file located in the "Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY\scenery\" directory. I just added an .OFF to the end of mine.

It doubled my framerate sitting at Alameda NAS, but disables the various marinas around the area.

Thanks, this has helped a bit (i hadnt spotted this fix).. increased from 14 to 26 roughly.. during actual flight near the city around 17-22 fps.. much more tolerable.. i noticed that my gpu max was only 77%, but still stuttering slightly at times, still, this is very usable.. maybe some more bgl removals and it will be smooth as ice too.

Thanks for that link Rob, I need to try turning off those cranes to see if I can get a little more out of the Bay area.

In case you didn't see this thread I started over at Orbx: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/83868-still-struggling-with-performance-in-sfbayarea/

I was able to increase my performance by 2X with only a few .BGL's turned off.

If you have any screenshots of San Francisco X, would love to see them ... I have this product but haven't attempted to install in P3D v2.3.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Rob.. I turned off the cranes and boosted from 26 to 34ish (paused).. awesome.. when i try the fogged in weather theme, drops back to 26, but of course, as we know this is expected/typical (avg of about 20 fps flying unpaused through that theme at 5760x1080 on the 780ti, gpu peaks at 99%, only 74% with clear weather).  These changes have made the combo of scenery doable.

I'm not logged in over at Orbx ( on mobile) can someone tell me which NCA files to delete? I get like 10 fps with addons in that region with weather.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

In the Aerosoft San Francisco folder, there are .bgl files with extreme in the name.  Delete those or renaming them will turn them off and should help with frame rates a lot.  I've read on the Aerosoft forums that these include experimental settings that weren't meant to be used.

In the Aerosoft San Francisco folder, there are .bgl files with extreme in the name.  Delete those or renaming them will turn them off and should help with frame rates a lot.  I've read on the Aerosoft forums that these include experimental settings that weren't meant to be used.

In addition to those, in the orbx folder.. FTX_NCA_objects_SRA_marinas_ships_docks_PLC.BGL and FTX_NCA_objects_CA_Oakland.bgl (which i believe are cranes).. renaming to .bgl.off turns em off.. test and see how it works out.. 34 fps up from 14 for me (clear weather, 5760 resolution, version 2.3 p3d)

Thanks!  That helped a ton like others are reporting...the cranes and stuff were cool but maybe they can figure out a way to better model those.

Also note the windfarms near KLVK kill fps

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |