Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

ASN Update for P3DV2.3 Only

I do not see where this info has been announced here but HiFi just updated ActiveSkyNext for P3dV2.3 only - http://www.hifitechinc.com/. Might fix some problems some have been having. I just tried it out and the ground visibility was so low I had to shutdown as I was in the LAX area near mountains in the Baron58.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I do not see where this info has been announced here but HiFi just updated ActiveSkyNext for P3dV2.3 only - http://www.hifitechinc.com/. Might fix some problems some have been having. I just tried it out and the ground visibility was so low I had to shutdown as I was in the LAX area near mountains in the Baron58.Best regards,

Jim,

Just a heads up; your post showed up four times possibly five in my email and I just figured you as an administrator might like to know that.

Always enjoy your posts!

Chaz

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Installed ASN B5354 into FSX
Ran its connect ... all ok
Works ok in FSX (acceleration)
UnInstalled ASN-P3D - workstation
Installed B5354 for P3D v2.3 - workstation
Ran its connect ... all ok - server pc

Statred ASN - server pc

Waiting for P3D - ok   workstation
Connected to P3D - ok  workstation

After 20 seconds .. error -  workstation pc

Message said:
ASN cannot control ambient temp .... etc
ASN shut itself down

I sent in a support ticket.

Anybody else seen this error or any previous update?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Thanks for the heads up, Jim. Downloading now.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Jim,

Just a heads up; your post showed up four times possibly five in my email and I just figured you as an administrator might like to know that.

Always enjoy your posts!

Chaz

Yes. Thanks for the heads-up Chaz.  Tom decided to reboot the system just as I hit "Post". I saw them immediately after the system rebooted and removed them but, if you are subscribed to this forum, you received them all. Apologize for that!! Next time I'll talk to Tom and tell him I'm getting ready to post before I hit the post button. :smile: Just%20Kidding.gif

Best regards,

Jim

Message said:

ASN cannot control ambient temp .... etc

ASN shut itself down

I have not seen it in this version but there was a hotfix issued last year for this problem -

- Adjusted "cannot control ambient weather" error message to provide more helpful information (i.e. checking rights/ownership and security software trust/exclusion settings + port 445 needs to be open)

So suspect this is what you need to do to fix the problem you are having now.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

So I installed the new ASN version ASNext_P3D_B5354, and the 6025 virtual function error seems to have gone away, even at ORBX Jackson Hole.  Sorry ORBX.  Also interesting, a placebo'ed opinion (it's a word, spell corrector doesn't bark at it, we should use it more, meaning unscientific and seeing something I like), is that while framerates went down, microstutter decreased alot.   When I got the error, I would not OK it, and P3D kept running, but ground tile resolution went down the drain.  That's not happening either now.   Having fun now.

Actually, I have to take that back now.  It's still there.  And the tile blurriness are definitely related.

6025 virtual function error seems to have gone away

Glad you got the error to go away. Let's hope it stays away. As I stated in another topic about the R6025 error, I thought it was related to ASN and AS_Connect as they were not shared on my system. I got them shared and the problem went away. It's really not the fault of HiFi but our Windows operating systems that require so much security.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Jim,

Thanks for the follow up.

All previous versions of AS-Evolution, AS FSX, ASN FSX and ASN-P3D have all worked.

First time I have seen this one. Nothing has changed on my PCs that I am aware of.

Adjusted "cannot control ambient weather" error message to provide more helpful information (i.e. checking rights/ownership and security software trust/exclusion settings + port 445 needs to be open)

Best Regards,

Add a firewall exception for port 445 or temporarily disable the firewall.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob,

I mis-spoke to Jim (I lied, on accident). Damn!

I had made a change to my PC in that I am using Game Booster last few days.

But, my first thought it is not at fault .. but  >>> have to checkit. But, it was not running during my ASN B5354 install and tests.

I redid my network folder share to  the P3D Appdata .. but still have the problem.

My last test all was ok for aboyt 30 seconds before I got  the error.

All data (Wx and ATIS to P3D V2.3 ok

I did a screenshot showing the correct ATIS message on the screen:

Rob, I will check this now: Add a firewall exception for port 445 or temporarily disable the firewall.

ASN5354 initially ok in P3D V2.3

ATIS is ok

then asn shuts down

ASN-B5354-ok-then-error_zps8ae8b78f.jpg

Best Regards,

Rob,

My workstation pc (ASN) port 445 enabled ok
still had problem

My server pc Win7 I was not able to select an option to do the port  ... never messed with it prior.

So, I disabled the firewall on both pcs   same problem.

Now it does not send ATIS wx etc before shutting down.
No ATIS message like before in previous screenshot ......... strange?

Rob,

I had only enabled port 445 on workstation for "my network"  ... not including the internet   was that OK?

Rob,

Just test ASN FSX All ok ... just for info.

Also, I finally got inbound and outbound port 445 on my server active.

But, still have the ambirnt temp error message and the ASN will close.

Best Regards,

Hi Vaughan,

When installing the new ASN build, did you copy the ASConnect_P3D_Install.exe to the server (your main P3D PC) and execute it?

Cheers, Rob.

Rob,

Yes  first the one for FSX then another one for P3D.

I placed each in its own folder on the server pc.

Both executed ok.

I mentioned this in post #4 above .. if you want a quick look.

I do not think ASN will execute on the Workstation until that installer exe is run from the server ??

Best Regards,

Just did a quick test with new build at YSCB - all was good,  no errors - verified wind.

Next step is to disable entries in your DLL.XML and EXE.XML except of course ASN.  Then verify SimConnect.xml is setup correctly and IPs match your PC (if you run DHCP your PC IP may have changed).  Just for diagnostics to eliminate possibility of conflicts.

May also want to log SimConnect  and see if you can see anything strange in the log when you get this error.

SimConnect.ini in "C:\Users\Rob\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files\SimConnect.INI"

[simConnect]
level=verbose
console=0
;RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
;OutputDebugString=1
file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
;file_next_index=0
;file_max_index=9

Cheers, Rob.