Sign in to follow this  
B737chase

Can't get this to work

Ok so I downloaded it activated it and done waver thing in the manual

I open fsx load my aircraft load my flight and sit on the ramp

Then I open rc and load my flight plan and press start rc

Back to fsx new box has opened up and says 1 blah blah and 2 blah blah this is the end of the road for me I can't pick or push one of the options just won't let me

I've tried engines off and on light off and on doing cold start then trying to contact atc.

Am fed up of it already I've payed to get stressed out can someone explain what is wrong with it or am requesting my money back as am all out of ideas.

Sad because the program looks good but stressing me out too much.

Thanks

You say you can't 'pick' or 'push', you need to tune comm radio to appropriatre freqency then press manual key on keypad corresponding to menu in RC4.

E.g. [1] or [2] etc.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

I've tried to tune radios I've done everything I could think of including checking the radios are pointed the correct way not to ground etc just can't press anything to get rc to do anything others than the load box

You don't need to set the radios, just check the tick box to tune automatically. "Tune on contact".

Silly question: are you using the TOP numeral keys and not  the keypad. (Use keys - no  point and click).

Otherwise, you have a conflict with keys and need to reset RC keys: use CTRL or SHIFT with the Top keys , that works well.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

I changed it to Ctrl plus number and it worked for about 3 mins then I got this error

Run-time error '75':

Radarcontact,fsuipc.rcv4code

Least it worked and am happy now it's an error not frozen because every error has a fix

First update fsuipc from here:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

Next install the latest makerwys.exe from here:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

Load up RC and do the scenery rebuild.

Now, it would help to fill in your AVSIM profile for your hardware, Win Version, FS version, and add-ons you are running so we can see your environment.

Some of your answers are in this pinned topic:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/448799-if-you-need-help-read-this/

including:

"

IF you are getting an error 75, run RC as admin. also make sure your antivirus program knows that rcv4.exe is a safe program."

It is easiest to create a shortcut to rcv4.exe and set properties as follows:

In Win 7 right click on the rcv4.exe file and click properties. Click here the first Run As Admin. Now click Advanced. In this second window click Run As Admin here to make the the box is checked. This is different than the first one. Click OK to return to the first window. Click Apply to save these changes. Click OK to close the properties box. Now RC will start with the correct privileges whenever you click  its shortcut.

These properties should be set before you run a scenery rebuild and use RC.

Error 75 means RC can not get to the path it needs (incorrect location) or can execute or communicate with the application.

With regard to non-response to keys it looks like:

1. The FS view does not have focus. Do not click on the in-flight RC status/menu window. This will take the focus away from the FS view.

2. Another application or add-on is absorbing the keystrokes that are assigned to RC. Check the RC keyboard assignments tab. Some are different than the default descriptions in the manual. Some of the "crew" type add-ons can cause key assignment conflicts as well as FS assignments. Some advanced aircraft have a feature that lets you capture keystrokes to the scratchpad of an FMC. This must be disabled so they can passed to FS itself and on to RC.

RC trouble-shooting is best accomplished with a test flight using default aircraft and scenery to determine if there is an add-on conflict.

Hope this helps.