Sign in to follow this  
Zombiescu

Will my fsx addons work on another product key fsx if already installed on one?

What i am asking is i lost my product key for my current fsx but if i get addons and install them to it then one day get a new pc uninstall everything get a new fsx then re install all my addons on the new pc and new fsx it should work because i uninstalled from old fsx and pc right?

sorry if it sounds confusing im just worried if i spend all the money on addons on my current product key it wont work on a new product key after uninstall on this one. 

P.S. sorry if this counts as hardware related i just don't have much time to post and am really curious/worried about this so i want to make sure before purchasing addons. 

What i am asking is i lost my product key for my current fsx but if i get addons and install them to it then one day get a new pc uninstall everything get a new fsx then re install all my addons on the new pc and new fsx it should work because i uninstalled from old fsx and pc right?

sorry if it sounds confusing im just worried if i spend all the money on addons on my current product key it wont work on a new product key after uninstall on this one. 

P.S. sorry if this counts as hardware related i just don't have much time to post and am really curious/worried about this so i want to make sure before purchasing addons. 

If I understand your question, the answer is yes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled FSX numerous times and have not yet experienced any activation key issues with either FSX or my various addons. I even had a computer die on me once and never came back to life with FSX installed on it, so I was able to even uninstall it after that, so the keys were activated on two computers, with one being incapacitated.

If I understand your question, the answer is yes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled FSX numerous times and have not yet experienced any activation key issues with either FSX or my various addons. I even had a computer die on me once and never came back to life with FSX installed on it, so I was able to even uninstall it after that, so the keys were activated on two computers, with one being incapacitated.

but what i am saying is if i get a new fsx product key and install my addons on there will it work since i already had them installed on a different fsx product key?

No problem. Commercial addons have their own standalone product activations and do not look at the FSX product key. You just need FSX to get the addons to work.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

No problem. Commercial addons have their own standalone product activations and do not look at the FSX product key. You just need FSX to get the addons to work.

Best regards,

Ok thank you very much that clears that up now its time to save up for a yoke, pedals and fsx addons :)