Sign in to follow this  
cap.hazamar

No gear, no controls after SP1B installation

Hello.

I have a licensed PMDG 777 copy with the extended download service. Date Processed: 6/28/2014

Yesterday, after my pmdg ops center told me that there was a pending update, i installed it. After that, i reupped the liveries and i tried to make a test, and i found the aircraft, in any livery, was showing with no landing gear, fan blades and no VC interaction. 

I installed as Administrator and my specs are as follow:

FSX

Windows 8 Pro Edition (64)

Nvidia GeForce GTX 770

Intel Core i7-4770 @3.4GHz

32GB Ram

Joined 3 Months and 30 Days Ago.

Posted Today, 12:38 PM

Hello.

I have a licensed PMDG 777 copy with the extended download service. Date Processed: 6/28/2014

Yesterday, after my pmdg ops center told me that there was a pending update, i installed it. After that, i reupped the liveries and i tried to make a test, and i found the aircraft, in any livery, was showing with no landing gear, fan blades and no VC interaction.

Hi, Hugo,

Not sure if this will help, but

1) Did you start up with panel states left over from before SP1?  They should not be used with SP1.

2) You can download SP1 for the 200LR directly from the downloads page at precisionmanuals.com .  You don't need to use the Op Center (although you may need to use it to reinstall your liveries).  It might be worth a try downloading and running that file (outside of any programs folder).

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I downloaded from the PMDG's site, I unpacked the installer, and ran it as admin. Still the same problem. It just happened after I updated the aircraft.

I downloaded from the PMDG's site, I unpacked the installer, and ran it as admin. Still the same problem. It just happened after I updated the aircraft.

Sorry that didn't help.  Did you use old, pre-SP1 panel states?  If not it might be easiest to file a support ticket with PDMG.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I always used the default cold and dark panel state when loading the plane. I didn't customize any of the states. Thank you very much sir,

I always used the default cold and dark panel state when loading the plane

Did you use a cold and dark panel state from before SP1 or one that came with SP1?  You can look in

Flight Simulator X/PMDG/PMDG 777X/PanelState for the two cold & dark panel state files, 777 CLDDRK.fmc  and 777 CLDDRK.sav.   They should be dated 7/18/2014.  If they are dated earlier they are the wrong files. 

You can also try another PMDG-supplied panel state, but again make sure it is dated 7/18/2014. 

If none of this helps you will do better by filing a support ticket with PMDG.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi, Hugo,

You might also want to try a complete reinstallation, but only if you still have the original 777-200LR installation file (or you can download it again from PMDG). 

Before doing this you might want to back up all the liveries in your SimObjects/airplanes/PMDG 777-200LR folder.  You may also need your installation serial numbers.  Read the very first post.  The others are optional.  It is by Ryan, a member of the Precision Manuals team.

Note that this was written before SP1B was released, but I am 95% sure you can run the SP1B file where Ryan says to run the SP1 file.  So you only need the original RTM installation file (the one you purchased on 6-28) and the SP1B update.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/446633-things-you-should-do-before-installing-777-sp1-read-this/

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Tried every step on the post, and still the same issue. :( I'd really like to go back to the previous version, which worked perfectly.

Thank you

Hugo, 

You might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the 777. If that doesn't fix the issue then raise a support ticket at PMDG's website and they'll help you out.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi Mark.

I've done so twice. I already raised a ticket to PMDG, but still no response. Waiting for their advice. Thank you very much.

Tried every step on the post, and still the same issue. :( I'd really like to go back to the previous version, which worked perfectly.

Hi, Hugo,

Sorry you are having such difficulty getting it working.  I am thinking maybe the problems have to do with Windows 8.  Also, if FSX is installed in one of the Programs folders that might be causing problems.  However I think you should wait until you hear back from PMDG. 

You may not know this, but today is a major holiday in the U.S., Labor Day, ending a 3-day weekend, so they may be slower than usual to respond.

You could uninstall the whole thing and just install the original RTM, following Ryan's steps, but you might still run into the same problem and you would also have a more buggy, out of date version of the 777.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi Mark.

I've done so twice. I already raised a ticket to PMDG, but still no response. Waiting for their advice. Thank you very much.

Did you set the 777 as the default aircraft in FSX?  In other words, did you set it up so that when you load FSX, the 777 is already spinning in the Create a Flight screen?

If so, reset the default flight to be one of the MS Default aircraft (trike, Cessna, etc).

This is discussed in greater detail in the 777 Intro Manual.

Kyle Rodgers