Sign in to follow this  
David Vega

Need Help with Removing Challenging Stutter

Appreciate any ideas on how to eliminate a difficult stutter that only occurs when flying over Europe.  My specs are in my profile.  I'm using ORBX's FSG 1.2, ASN B5226.  The last things I remember installing were a Ray Smith AFCAD for EHAM, which I deleted and still have the stutters, so it's not the AFCAD.  The stutters happen with or without using ASN wx, with the default C172 as with the PMDG NGX.  I deleted FSX.cfg and optimized the newly created one with the avsim basic optimization.  Over the US, in multiple airports, large and small, payware and freeware, no stutters.  The stutter appears to happen at random, and I loose perhaps one or two frames.  Someone suggested removing FSG 1.2, which I did, but stutter still there.  

I'm hoping someone has seen or experienced something similar.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

The affinitymask setting cured my microstutters long ago.

Usepools=0 also improved things.

Many stutters are down to background processes.  Try turning off all unnecessary processes temporarily - if that works, you have a clue as to why these are occurring.  It can often be an antivirus or anti malware program updating or scanning - set these to update and scan manually to test.

Make sure your hard drive is defragged unless you have a SSD - what are your system specs, operating system and are you using dx10?

Not sure why this only occurs over Europe though.

IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Thank you IAN.  Had tried your suggestions; stutter still there.  My specs are part of my profile, ssd, win7-64, etc.  I use dx9.  My antivirus excludes the entire FSX folder.    

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

I have a fairly high-end computer with a cpu overclocked to 4.3 GHz, but I was still getting stutters whenever I changed my view with TrackIR.  In other words, whenever I looked out the side window.  This stuttering problem ended when I switched to DX10.

Try deleting your fsx.cfg and let it build another. That worked for me especially if you have been tweaking a fair bit

ZORAN

Thank you computerflyer, I've been considering switching to dx10.  

Thank you zoran.  I did delete the fsx.cfg and applied the avsim basic optimizations without success.  The mystery has to be in something that is unique to the area since I have no stutters when I fly over several airports in the US.  I'm leaning to think that perhaps there's a REX cloud texture or something similar that's unique to that area.  

EDIT:  Changed cloud graphics from REX Essential + OD to AS2012.  Stutter still there.  :(

dv

Appreciate any ideas on how to eliminate a difficult stutter that only occurs when flying over Europe.  My specs are in my profile.  I'm using ORBX's FSG 1.2, ASN B5226.  The last things I remember installing were a Ray Smith AFCAD for EHAM, which I deleted and still have the stutters, so it's not the AFCAD.  The stutters happen with or without using ASN wx, with the default C172 as with the PMDG NGX.  I deleted FSX.cfg and optimized the newly created one with the avsim basic optimization.  Over the US, in multiple airports, large and small, payware and freeware, no stutters.  The stutter appears to happen at random, and I loose perhaps one or two frames.  Someone suggested removing FSG 1.2, which I did, but stutter still there.  

I'm hoping someone has seen or experienced something similar.  

Stutters are attributed to many different things and sometimes more than one at a time. There is no "Silver Bullet" cure for the stutters. Curing the stutters can be a time consuming and painfully boring task. One day there may be a flow chart of procedures to locate and cure this problem, however, with the ever changing addons and diverse hardware systems, this would be nearly impossible.