Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Ultimate Traffic 2 and P3D 2.3

I have installed Ultimate Traffic 2 with P3D v2.3, and it appears to be working.....to a certain extent. The number of airliners visible at any particular airport is incredibly low. However, that isn't my biggest problem. I am having the same issue with UT2 after reinstallation as I did last time when reinstalling in FSX. Basically, none of my imported airliners or schedules are being used. It looks very much like I will need to add all of these airlines and aircraft all over again, and if that is the case, then I am looking at a complete nightmare.

However, I may have another option. Can anyone tell me exactly which files I need to save from the old installation, and copy to the new one to get everything working properly without having to waste huge amounts of time adding it all over again? I saved the Databases and Power Pack files folders, and also the repaints.txt file. However, I get the feeling that I should have saved something else, but I do not know what. I still have access to the files on my old PC, because even though the motherboard and GPU failed to some degree, I can still boot it up in "1980s" mode (ie. very low resolution, and scarcely more colours than a chess board). If I knew that I needed a particular file from the old installation, I could probably get it!

Can anyone help me?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'm using my FSX installation on P3D and all the imported airlines show up. I just copied the UT2 planes folder and the imported AI planes folder to P3D and added the UT2 entries on exe.xml and P3D.cfg.

The only thing missing are the airlines names and fligh plans on the AI planes labels. They show up in FSX but don't in P3D. I tried manually changing the ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0 to 1 in the AContain section of the P3D.cfg but they still don't show the airlines names and flight plan, and as soon as i exit P3D the 1 reverts to a 0 again. Anyone using the FSX installation on P3D has the airline and flightplan show up in the label?

Cheers

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

You mean that the repaint allocations magically worked for you in P3D? When I check the "Create Repaints" button in UT2, none of the correct allocations are listed (the 3D models and registrations that I added for each airline schedule). They only have one or two of the UT2 models allocated to them. In addition, those airlines that I added (ie. not included in the default UT2) come up with an error when I click on "Create repaints", and this is almost certainly because they are not found at all in the database. This is why I feel that I have missed transferring a file from the old installation, because those "updates" to the airline database must have been stored somewhere. The question is......which file or database was updated when I did that?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

You will need to copy across the ai aircraft, and the dbi files.

Any probes send me a pm.

14ppkc-6.png

Can anyone tell me why my repaint associations with added schedules are not working after reinstalling UT2? I have added the modified database files, Power Pack files and repaints.txt file, but UT2 is not "connecting" them with my updated airline schedules. In addition, any extra airlines that have been added (ones that are not in the default UT2 database) do not seem to exist. This makes me think that there is another file that I have forgotten to save from the installation on my old PC, but I do not know what that is! Can anyone please help me here? The alternative is to add every single airline schedule and aircraft model and texture association again, and that will take me forever!

PS. A copy of this message has been posted on the UT2 forum, so I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I made a schoolboy error, guys. I backed up my Airplanes_AI folder (I keep the AI planes separated from the flyable ones), and this was saved as a zip file. However, I had forgotten that my zip utility creates a "folder within a folder" when I run the unzip routine. In other words, I had copied the Airplanes_AI folder to my SimObjects folder in P3D, but there was another Airplanes_AI folder inside that. When I corrected this mistake, all of the AI planes that I was using in FSX reappeared as if by magic! :smile:

Now all I have to do is find out what is causing occasional CTDs when I load specific airports. It could be a dodgy model that P3D doesn't like, and therefore could take some time to isolate <_<

By the way, adding that Airplanes_AI folder resulted in CTDs whenever I tried to load a saved flight. This folder contains nearly 30,000 items, and is over 15GB in size. However, I identified the problem through trial and error. It was a single missing "=" sign in one of the aircraft.cfg files!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png