Sign in to follow this  
Phil Chimbolo

VOXATC 6.46 / P3D / "No ATC Unit Found" after pausing flight

I read a number of posts around this issue, none help.   This is a situation where I already have been in contact with VOXATC atc controllers and lose them when I pause the simulator (specifically P3D v2.3).

SITUATION:

- I depart from ANY airport, ANY aircraft using an IFR flight plan.  

- VOXATC works great all the way until I pause the flight -- usually just before TOD when I'm at cruise altitude.

- At the time it paused I was in contact with "Center" controlling the airspace I was in.   So all was fine before I paused.  

- When I unpause the flight VOXATC tries to reconnect and seems to fail with the message "No ATC Unit Found".

Why will VOXATC not recognize the "Center" controller I was in contact with prior to pausing and reconnecting to it?

Anyone have this problem and/or solve it already?

#immersionkiller

PHIL CHIMBOLO

"Flight Simming for 40-years"

Intel Core i7 3970X 3.50GHz (OC @ 4.20GHz) | 32GB RAM | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | Four Monitors | GoFlight Pro Yoke

GoFlight TQ6 Advance Throttle | CH Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5

I can honestly say that I have never seen that error pop up. Can you restart Vox after you see that or is it lost completely?

NAX669.png

i don't see that either, pausing just seems to switch vox to saying 'sim paused' and that's it, but i'm only using FSX lately, i'd guess maybe it's specific to P3D?? i did see that error once or twice at obscure airports when i loaded into the sim, but i think that was related to missing or outdated data from those specific places..  definitely contact support on the vox site, tegwyn answers fast on there but i don't know if he checks this forum too often..

cheers

-andy crosby

Thanks Andy!   I will contact tegwyn.

I can honestly say that I have never seen that error pop up. Can you restart Vox after you see that or is it lost completely?

I can restart vox, but I still see the same message.    Interestingly, I can fly the same flight plan and if I unpause quickly (versus having the flight sit there for an hour until I return) I can continue with normal ATC communications.   So the comms seem to be functioning from pushback to shutdown under normal conditions.

I just sent tegwyn a support email.   Hoping he has some insight into the reasons for the message after pause.

PHIL CHIMBOLO

"Flight Simming for 40-years"

Intel Core i7 3970X 3.50GHz (OC @ 4.20GHz) | 32GB RAM | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | Four Monitors | GoFlight Pro Yoke

GoFlight TQ6 Advance Throttle | CH Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5