Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Into The Night

How do u find the Airbus extended  x Compared to the PMDG 737, I fly for Qantas Virtual airlines and was thinking of purchasing another payware aircraft for some change sometimes when i fly as they do Jetstar routes on there virtual airline also code share overseas airlines so u can fly overseas and also use airbus routes can u let me know how it looks and flies in relation to my PMDG 737 and i know it may be a big call comparing it to that 

Matt

How do u find the Airbus extended  x Compared to the PMDG 737

I like them both the same - if I had to give up one of them I couldnt decide if you dont have the AXE  you are missing out - it does have something ngx does not - which is great an interactive co-pilot feature all ready built in with voices and even background atc chatter its amazing also controls switches and tasks for you - check out some youtube videos - also the 318/319 is coming out very soon and that will be even better - 320/321 will be upgraded after the baby bus launch - oh did I mention the price is very reasonable also for these Aerosoft birds

Rich Sennett

I like them both the same - if I had to give up one of them I couldnt decide if you dont have the AXE  you are missing out - it does have something ngx does not - which is great an interactive co-pilot feature all ready built in with voices and even background atc chatter its amazing also controls switches and tasks for you - check out some youtube videos - also the 318/319 is coming out very soon and that will be even better - 320/321 will be upgraded after the baby bus launch - oh did I mention the price is very reasonable also for these Aerosoft birds

so u are saying for example i have FS2CREW for PMDG 737 and with the Aerosoft airbux extended x u don't need FS2CREW for it this is already built in as a feature of the aircraft so u have a co pilot helping with set up and flying startup etc like FS2CREW does, Is the FMC good quality too ?

I must say, with Rich's prompting and help, I'm enjoying the AXE (I've had it for a while but just haven't spent much time with it) ... it's got a lot of depth.  At first the entire "no trim" thing got me confused (and throttle position settings), but after some quality time with it I had a great flight from YSCB to NZCH.  FMC was pretty easy to setup ... but there was another chunk of checklist items I haven't explored yet.

Setup a SIDs,STARS,TRANSITION (I was using FS Command which exports to AXE format) ... uses NavDataPro which I have current ... loaded the plan ... you need to use format ICAO Departure ICAO Destination and then two digits ... i.e YSCBNZCH01

Oh, GSX works absolutely perfectly with it ... well almost, the luggage car runs into the cargo car as it progresses on unloading ... but that's a GSX issue.

Cheers, Rob.

so u are saying for example i have FS2CREW for PMDG 737 and with the Aerosoft airbux extended x u don't need FS2CREW for it this is already built in as a feature of the aircraft so u have a co pilot helping with set up and flying startup etc like FS2CREW does, Is the FMC good quality too ?

Yes but they have fs2crew for the axe also - but I dont have that - also axe has the built in runway announcements free from fs2crew built in you have to elect to install that in the beginning - just go to youtube and see for your self - its great

Co-pilot will do all the actions for you automatically - how cool for the lazy people lol

I must say, with Rich's prompting and help

Glad you liking it Rob - it gets better when you dive into the co-pilot stuff

Rich Sennett

Sweet i think i am going to purchase this seems like a great plane for a change from the PMDG 737 which is my most favorite aircraft of all my fleet, And having the export feature for flight plans is great i already do it in Vroute premium with the PMDG fmc 

Whats the frames in the Aircraft like is the FPS a killer like the PMDG 737 my PC isn't a problem as i just did a latest build a month a go and upgraded

Whats the frames in the Aircraft like is the FPS a killer like the PMDG 737 my PC isn't a problem as i just did a latest build a month a go and upgraded

No, it's good with performance ... about 5% drop to the default F22 for me.