Sign in to follow this  
bic

ch yoke / pedals

I've been arguing with P3D about my yoke and pedals for a couple weeks now (well once a week is all I can bear using a computer as I do for it 8+ hours a day).  I've been trying to use the ch manager, which worked perfectly in Win 7 and FSX.  Now I'm on win 8.1 with P3D 2.3.  I disabled Win from powering them down, but still sometimes when I go into P3D, it does not see them.  I also got such serious spikes (even with FSUIPC disabling the spikes), that the plane was totally uncontrollable.  It also gets confused what is elevator versus rudder.  I thought I was being careful about plugging them in and assignments, but the settings seem pretty bad.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Save yourself a LOT of grief. Disable controllers in P3D. Do not use CH control. Use FSUIPC to control your hardware. Once you set it up you'l never look back.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Save yourself a LOT of grief. Disable controllers in P3D. Do not use CH control. Use FSUIPC to control your hardware. Once you set it up you'l never look back.

Vic

I use CH in FSX but am planning on migrating to P3D in the coming months. Can you calibrate controllers in FSUIPC as well? 

Unplugging, and then plugging in your controllers has a tendency to reset your assignments in P3D. Your options are to leave them plugged in, or buy the pro version of fsuipc. As for the spikes issue, those may be caused by dirty pots in your controller. Have you tried cleaning them and then recalibrating them in Windows or ch manager. There isn't anything LM can do about worn/dirty controllers.

Jazz 

I use CH in FSX but am planning on migrating to P3D in the coming months. Can you calibrate controllers in FSUIPC as well? 

I have my CH yoke, Rudder, Throttle Quadrant and Saitek X-52 ALL plugged in my P3D system. I set them up in P3D and calibrated them and it has been fine. Absolutely no problems.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I use CH joystick or yoke, throttle and pedals through the CH Control Manager in Windows 7 with absolutely no problems ever.  If there's a problem it's either Windows 8 or the way you're setting things up.  I do not use FSUIPC with my controllers.  Never had problems in FSX either.

I have separate Standard.XML files for yoke and joystick and swap them out before loading P3D when I change controllers.

What looks like spiking may be two different controls assigned to the same axis. 

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I did it the same way Hook, until I got tired of swapping them out. Using FSUIPC allows me to have individual profiles for each aircraft and they get selected automatically. Whatever works!

Vic

until I got tired of swapping them out

I only swap them out when I change aircraft between joystick, yoke and helo which might happen every few months.  The helo controls use the same devices as the joystick controls, but use them differently.  It's a matter of clicking on a single .bat file icon, hardly an onerous task.

Hook

Larry Hookins

There are several levels of software controlling the pedals/yoke. CH Products captures the data immediately, it then passes it to Windows which has its own calibration and then on to the P3D application which has its settings. It is a mess. I could not find the magic setting in FSUIPC. I may have been fighting CH Controller settings which I left as they were after I disabled the P3D control system.

I ended up with setting the P3D controls set to max sensitivity with a small null zone and then manage the pedals/brakes and the yoke with CH Controls. I have no idea if some left-over FSUIPC setting is also involved. LM should find a way to at least skip the Windows calibration-settings and deal directly with the values set in the vendors management software. It is a mess now.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I had all sorts of problems initially because I have a Saitek x52, ch yoke, ch rudders and ch throttle quadrant all plugged in to my system. Ultimately I deleted all the CH manager profiles. Set p3d to disable ALL controllers and used this to set up FSUIPC

http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/SIMSAMURAI+FSUIPC+TUTORIAL.pdf

It took a while but once you get the hang of it, it becomes a matter of repetition.

I set up FSUIPC profiles for various types of a/c ( single engine prop, dual turbo, dual jet, etc) and calibrated the controllers and assigned them to specific profiles. SO when I load the A2A P-51, it automatically loads the assignments for the X52 stick and throttle, and rudders. For me, I also assigned various specific a/c switches to the throttle quadrant.

Believe me, once you get it set up, you will never look back.

Vic

I had all sorts of problems initially because I have a Saitek x52, ch yoke,<snip> plugged in to my system.

I think I found your problem.  There's no way I'd ever have conflicting controllers plugged in at the same time.

Hook

Larry Hookins

I think I found your problem.  There's no way I'd ever have conflicting controllers plugged in at the same time.

Hook

Agreed without FSUIPC. But it's a pain to have to switch controllers and xml files when I switch a/c. With FSUIPC I pick the a/c and it is connected to the correct controller. 

I also hated the fact that if you unplug your controller from the USB port and plug it back in a different port, windows will assign a new GUID which invalidates the standard.xml.

I just think that FSUIPC is far more flexible than the other options.

Vic

One of the problems is that FSUIPC is all jittery on the push/pull (elevator) action of the yoke.  Yet, it does not jitter in ch control manager calibrate or test windows.  The aileron is fine in FSUIPC and ch control manager.  I don't remember having this problem with my Win 7 / FSX box.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060