Sign in to follow this  
motoadve

RealAir Duke landing gear problem, 2 lights only and no left main.

Initially was unexpected and a realistic emergency.

So today I start Prepar 3D and the Duke, do a flight and same gear failure, two green lights and no left main gear.

I reload the aircraft and doesnt fix it.

Any advice on how to fix this?

From an earlier post you would have found had you done a search.

With crash detection and damages enabled the left gear can mess around because of a mistake in the aircraft.cfg. With damage eneabled the left gear picks up a failure if the airspeed rises above two knots. In any case other items like the sound selection are wrong with or without damages enabled. Fortunately the fix is very easy:

Open the v2 aircraft.cfg in notepad and fix the contact point as follows:

[contact_points]

change

point.1 =1, -8.04, -5.40, -3.94, 6000, 1, 1.00, 0, 0.30, 2.50, 0.36, 3.1, 3,1, 2, 152, 200

to

point.1 =1, -8.04, -5.40, -3.94, 6000, 1, 1.00, 0, 0.30, 2.50, 0.36, 3.1, 3.1, 2, 152, 200

notice the period rather than comma at item 14 (1st is zero), should be “3.1”, and not “3,1”, the comma increases the item count and confuses the failure speeds and sounds.

The comma is reintroduced if the V2 control panel is used to change suspension settings. In that case the comma should be edited back to a period ‘.’ decimal point.

Robert, with thanks to SteveW.

I'm glad it worked for you. It took me hours to understand the problem as I didn't leave the cockpit and didn't look at the lower part of the panel for the green lights. I thought it was a weight and balance problem that kept causing me to collapse the left gear on landing. It was only when I finally setup an ILS landing with the AP on and went outside to view the landing that I saw there was no left gear. What a surprise! One of my dumbest simming moments ever.

Robert