Sign in to follow this  
DetCord

100% Accurate American Repaint

A month ago I contact American Airlines requesting any help they could provide in producing a entirely accurate reproduction of their colors currently in use. Needless to say, I didn't expect them to return my email, but they did. They provided the hex codes, RGB's, samples and even aircraft schematics detailing where the 20 different colors (yeah, 20!) are painted. I also had to sign a Non-disclosure Agreement stating that I would never reveal or provide any of the materials to the public, something I was wary of to begin with.

Needless to say, this is the most in-depth and time consuming paint I've ever done.

Preview images

A month ago I contact American Airlines requesting any help they could provide in producing a entirely accurate reproduction of their colors currently in use. Needless to say, I didn't expect them to return my email, but they did. They provided the hex codes, RGB's, samples and even aircraft schematics detailing where the 20 different colors (yeah, 20!) are painted. I also had to sign a Non-disclosure Agreement stating that I would never reveal or provide any of the materials to the public, something I was wary of to begin with.

Needless to say, this is the most in-depth and time consuming paint I've ever done.

Preview images

And I have to say it turned out absolutely beautifully, it does look very exact. While you can't allow the public access to the RGB codes etc. is the paint able to be released? It would be stunning to have on the Airbus! Also, any chance of a tail shot? I know that part has been giving people trouble!

Also, to whom was the email sent to in the American Airlines stepladder?

And I have to say it turned out absolutely beautifully, it does look very exact. While you can't allow the public access to the RGB codes etc. is the paint able to be released? It would be stunning to have on the Airbus! Also, any chance of a tail shot? I know that part has been giving people trouble!

Also, to whom was the email sent to in the American Airlines stepladder?

I'm actually stuck at the tail. Hate to say it, but I am. It's a very slow process with this one as every minute detail keeps cropping up. I keep going back to the completed sections to repaint the individual doors and or warning signs.

The paint is still a WIP for AXE, and I'm currently in contact with John Glanville in hopes that he can help progress the project toward completion.

Edited by Jim Young
External link to competing website removed.

woah, looks so strange with the flag tail not continuing down the fuselage!

Refer to post #3 -

The paint is still a WIP for AXE

Refer to post #3 -

Oh for sure don't worry i know! I was merely reffering to the fact that many people dislike how AA chose to continue the flag down, whereas I believe it does infact look too short and weird!

As a guy who works for AA, I can say that this is spot on! This really is a beauty.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

As a guy who works for AA,

As a guy who works for AA's merger partner I'll second that it looks very good. The paint has a funny quality to it that when it is sunny, the fuselage has an almost pearlescent  look to it. When it's overcast, it almost looks like a primer grey.

NAX669.png

Not as detailed as NGX repaints

Everytime I see a comment like this I'm always reminded of this - http://i.imgur.com/WbShfa1.png dead link

And this is why so many consider the flight sim community as being pompous, elitist and overcome with a grandiose sense entitlement. Nothing ever seems to be good enough, and individuals always have a reason to ######, moan and complain. I don't even know why I even try anymore.

Forget it.

Really uncalled for, it is better than most repaints I've ever seen. If you can do better than this, please PM me or post a link down below so I can see just how "detailed" your paints are. It's pathetic that people like DetCord work to create these detailed paints, going through so much trouble just to hear worthless comments like this one. DetCord actually emailed American Airlines just to make sure he gets it right. It's too bad people can't just be happy.

Dude are you serious? You sound like a bundle of fun /sarcasm.

Sorry to the OP, what you made is absolutely stunning, ignore the douchebags