Sign in to follow this  
DetCord

100% Accurate American Repaint

Not as detailed as NGX repaints

That little bit of snarkiness just got you banned from this forum and all those related to painting. Everyone else, if you see posts like this from this guy again, please report them.

I don't even know why I even try anymore.

For those of us that do appreciate your efforts (and we far outnumber these numb-skulls). Someday I will share with you some of my email / pms and hate message located on other sites.

Beautiful job man. It really looks like the real thing. I see these birds on a daily basis down in KMIA and it the closest in color I've seen so far. I work for them too. Hopefully we'll be able to download this soon.

How times have changed. There was a day some 15 years or so ago where under the influence of Peter Tishma, AA's lawyers were sending cease and remove file notices to the major file libraries. Now they are sending color codes and design information to painters. Great stuff!

AA's lawyers were sending cease and remove file notices to the major file libraries. Now they are sending color codes and design information to painters. Great stuff!

Tom,

I was very shocked to see that they even responded much less give the information that they did. Maybe they finally figured out what the flightsim community is all about.

NAX669.png

How times have changed. There was a day some 15 years or so ago where under the influence of Peter Tishma, AA's lawyers were sending cease and remove file notices to the major file libraries. Now they are sending color codes and design information to painters. Great stuff!

You probably remember there was a case of a realworld jetstar virtual suing a real startup airline also called jetstar, and the outcome could have been disastrous if realworld airlines got the idea that the hobby might cause trouble to them!

Nice repaint Det.  The colors are spot on.  There's something about the blue in American on the side of the fuse and the tail logo that makes the repaint perfect.  Really, really nice job!

\Robert Hamlich/

I've received a lot of requests for a update here at AVSIM. Even though this community is troll intensive, here it is.

1uSu1xl.jpg

1. As previously shown, this is the aluminum portion of the Turbine Pylon. This was a section of the paint that I considered bypassing and simply "painting". However, given that I stated this will be a completely accurate AMR Livery, I went ahead and created a custom texture for this portion. This is a feature on the Bus that is only relegated to American Airlines.

2. Pretty self-explanatory.

3. This one is a little odd. First and foremost, as you can see, the dark grey area on the pylon in 3 differs completely from 4 which is current. The paint-kit does not feature this option as every aircraft version in the PSD's provided by Aerosoft only contain option 3. This means I had to create a completely new layer and paint/texture it myself. It was a fairly time consuming process. That said, American isn't the only airline that has this grey section pictured above, so I'm hoping that they'll update/fix the paint-kit to provide this as a layer option that can be enabled.

4. The engine cowling markings at the base of the turbine housing are also not a option in the paint-kit. Again, these were layers that had to be altered and painted.

5. Again, self-explanatory. I might scrap my version of the Stab if John can do a better job than I.

Current status and future plans:

I'm sure people are concerned as to the lack of paint on the tail section. John is currently working on that as we speak and given his attention to detail and dedication to being precise, I know it'll come out beautifully. As soon as John and I have this paint completed, I intend to move toward recreating the entire American Airbus fleet currently in use which includes a fictional One World paint. That's five seperate versions in thier entirety.

Regards,

Bryan/DetCord

Looks awesome Bryan - its a ton of work and appreciate your efforts cant wait to load this one up

Rich Sennett

Don't let the trolls get you down. There might be a lot of numpties around but this place also has a lot of moderation, in fact its so aggressive that where a troll treads once he rarely treads twice.

The price you pay for an active forum I suppose.

The great thing with trolls is that you do not see them in real life, as they do not dare to behave in such way in front of you as a person since they're usually weak teenage people. If you're a troll reading this, just  get to the bar, get some beers and meet some people instead of annoying people you'll never meet on the net.

Trolls is honestly one of my most hated aspects of western society hence I'm happy I do not live in a western country. I have never seen a troll from mine : -)

Almost. Still a bit a tweaking to do, need to confer with John on a few things and we need to run it through some tests to make sure its not missing anything but... it's close.