Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Hawaii Bliss...just took off out of HANA Airport....

Nice water and mountains, but the cliff sides look like crap. Not for me. ORBX, ORBX and more ORBX  :wub:

Bob

Nice water and mountains, but the cliff sides look like crap. Not for me. ORBX, ORBX and more ORBX  :wub:

Bob

Yeah...I agree, ORBX could do some sprucing up on their cliff textures.  Those are the Global textures for that item...but it sure isn't a throw the baby out with the bath water item...no sir!  B)

Well, you just get spoiled. If that were an ORBX region, it would look much better. I would have to cover my eyes flying over that :mellow:  

Aloha Mitch! 

Wish Hawaii would get the full-fat treatment from ORBX (or at least their Open Landclass updates...)

Aloha Mitch! 

Wish Hawaii would get the full-fat treatment from ORBX (or at least their Open Landclass updates...)

Yes...wouldn't that be nice....oh...and here is a few parting shots just off the coast.....I was flying around, checking out the marine traffic...and as usual...am having a BLAST! BTW, Dylan...OpenLC for the Hawaiian Islands, is in the draft...it will be under their  Oceania offering

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/tRd

Cheers 'n beers!

Mitch'er

Well, you just get spoiled. If that were an ORBX region, it would look much better. I would have to cover my eyes flying over that :mellow:  

Bob....flying with your eyes covered...."...tisk...tisk....I think there is an FDA notam on that....not sure...but I think so...."  LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL-------------------------->LOLOLOLOL!

Just wanted to mention the particulars of this flight.

I had running in P3D v2.3 for over three hours the following add-ons present, and in no particular mention, here:

1 Accu-Feel 

2 MyTraffic 5.4c

3 Latest GSX Ground Services

4 ASN Beta SP1 for v2.3

5 Latest FSUIPC (registered)

I have pretty well, the sim fully eye-candy decked out and have both traffic sliders for A.I. at 50 percent. I have the airport traffic totally off...never use it.

So....flying for three hours....taking snaps....sending them up to AVSIM....and no CTD's...no OOM's....just rock-solid stable.  Even fooling around with getting snaps up to AVSIM, did not complicate matters with P3D v2.3.  I snapped, I paused, I processed, and then returned to the sim...and fly on, I did.....to the next photo-op....lol.   Seriously....v2.3 has been nothing but a win-win usage. This version never complained with a CTD, in adding the above programs to it.....nope.  All ORBX candy that I throw at it...it digests...and boogies on.....

A happy camper....

2.3 is turning out to be quite the release. I still have nothing added but ORBX PNW. a few of the surrounding airports and hde v2 clouds and FSUIPC (registered) and of course the 337. I have not yet turbonized her yet but I will. All is well and my cfc is as bare as grandmas cupboards except for scaler entry's form some of the airport approach lighting. I have not done a flight longer than an hour, but all is working well. Have you tried the Baytower RV or the L-39?

Bob

2.3 is turning out to be quite the release. I still have nothing added but ORBX PNW. a few of the surrounding airports and hde v2 clouds and FSUIPC (registered) and of course the 337. I have not yet turbonized her yet but I will. All is well and my cfc is as bare as grandmas cupboards except for scaler entry's form some of the airport approach lighting. I have not done a flight longer than an hour, but all is working well. Have you tried the Baytower RV or the L-39?

Bob

Actually Bob, I'm not up to speed, on what you are referring to....the Baytower RV and the L-39.   When you 'turbo'....you'll understand why i seem to never get past this sled....and trust me...I have a few gathering cob webs...that are starting talk of a hangar revolt......  :ph34r:

BTW, Dylan...OpenLC for the Hawaiian Islands, is in the draft...it will be under their Oceania offering.

Oooh didn't notice that! That's really good news!

Ahhh, I see. I will let you know.

Bob

Hi Mitch,

Didn't you set the widescreen option in P3D? Panel and plane are shrunk, they are not like that in the real plane.

Also, isn't this supposed to be posted on the screenshot forum?

Regards.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The Prepar3d General Forum" to "The AVSIM Screen Shots Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Hi Mitch,

Didn't you set the widescreen option in P3D? Panel and plane are shrunk, they are not like that in the real plane.

Also, isn't this supposed to be posted on the screenshot forum?

Regards.

As for the widescreen, I use that feature in FS9, but have not really ever liked the 'look' while using FSX or now, P3D. I like a 'tighter' look, and its associated performance gain. The FPS performance gain can be as high as 33 percent in most view-scape!

Totally, a personal preference of course.  I want max settings, and max FPS as well.  Without Wide-View Aspect enabled, I have BOTH!  :P