Sign in to follow this  
16wiebeke

JARa320neo

Hey guys,

I made the switch to x plane 10 because I was fed up with all the bugs that comes with fsx. Anyways I wanted a realistic airbus, preferably a smaller one and the only realistic one I could find was the one stated in the title.

I have a few questions.

Is there a big frame rate hit with this aircraft? I can run the default software fine.

How does it compare to aerosoft airbus x extended in fsx?

Or should I just hold off and see if aerosoft is going to be making there airbus x extended for x plan. (I've heard rumors)

No, the Neo doesn't mean a very big performance hit. I checked it around KSNA and while the Default C172 got between 24 to 50 fps the Neo got between 19 to 48 fps.

Waiting for the Aerosoft A320 for which X-Plane Version ? 12, or 13 maybe, but not before. They haven't made a single plane for X-Plane yet so they are in no position to even work on such a big project.

Well the Neo got really decwent in the mean time. It even moves halfway decent. Still a far way from Peter Hagers A321 or the QPAC A320 but at least useable.

Its FMC still hasd some weird issues but it offers a lot of features and plays in another world if you ask about complexity compared with its direct competitors. I can't compare it to Aerosofts A320 Extended, I only flew the Basic Version and it was no comparison to the Neo (IMHO).

if twin otter is not planned to be made airbus x is out of luck.

x-plane market is filled for a320 when qpac finishes theirs.

x-plane market is filled for a320 when qpac finishes theirs.

First they will have to finish their version with a 3d cockpit. Only their last version should be able to clearly win against the Neo in every way.

I own it and although not perfect, it simulates well and has it's own FS2Crew-like built in. Check some Videos on it, I like it and the dev is constantly adding tweaking.

I feel it's the best Airbus currently available for X-Plane 10.

Peter Hager's aircraft remind me visually of a FS2002 aircraft.  He needs some serious visual updates. 

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.