Sign in to follow this  
Gemelli

MicroStutter worst then 2.2

Hi everyone. i want to know if someone got the same experience then me. got a lot of microstutter on p3d. got a high end machine . try a lot of setting but cant find what can do that.

Welcome to the party!

Lots of info on the LM forum about this and here on Avsim. Not sure what LM has done but it would appear this must have been not high on the list when Beta testing but yes micro stuttering is very bad in this version.

We hope LM will be able to sort it out...back to FSX foe a smooth flight for now!

All the best

Hi Gemelli,

Try these settings that Rob posted:

http://robainscough.com/P3D_V2.php

My settings are quite similar (and I don't experience noticeable stuttering). These are my deltas:

- Vsync / triple buffering off

- Aniso @ 4X

- Aviation traffic denity @25 (I use WoAI)

- Default Nvidia Inspector profile 

- Vsync set to adaptive in Nvidia Driver panel

- REX4 textures set to 1024

- Hyperthreading enabled in BIOS

- no cfg tweaks

My performance improved when I upgraded to 2.3 from 2.2 (combined with a reduction in stutters over dense urban areas). Though I don't deny others have had quite the opposite experience it seems...

Hope this helps.

hi DYlanM  i did  put HT Off cause i was rolling FSX even. you think ill get some benefict to put it on back

Can't hurt to try...! At least for me, terrain paging seems smoother and I get no blurries (unless I go to tower-cam and back). Just make sure you have no Affinity Mask entries in your cfg.

LM confirmed (can't seem to find that thread) that they've improved their code to take advantage of multiple threads per physical core to help with paging performance.

Dylan

Edit: just looking over Rob's settings I should add that my special effects settings are on high, and Scenery Complexity @ extremely dense; I'd start with his settings then bump up...