Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Most detailed small airport for FSX?

Small, meaning not an airliner hub or a place that airliners RARELY, if ever, land.

I don't necessarily mean high res textures either. I'm referring to lots of objects, things, attractions and fine touches.

Which do you feel is the most detailed small airport to install? (can be freeware or payware)

Anything from fullterrain.com . Most of their airports are small airstrips and modelled in outstanding detail. They also have some freeware airports of almost the same quality.

Cheers,

Peter

Anything from fullterrain.com . Most of their airports are small airstrips and modelled in outstanding detail. They also have some freeware airports of almost the same quality.

Cheers,

Peter

I know they have some nice stuff but my question is which one do you feel is most detailed.

CYSE Squamish from Orbx is awesome...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

There are many FullTerrain (Orbx) airports that fit the bill, and like Bert, I put KORS up at the top.

However, having just purchased the Isle of Man from Earth Simulations I would have to say that Ronaldsway Airport (EGNS) is the most detailed. Remarkable, really - there are cement trucks dumping cement and backhoes digging trenches, all the "flow" stuff that makes Orbx so enjoyable.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

I like coastal airports so Orca's Island (KORS), Anacortes or Diamond Point...they're all nice but something nicer still about KORS.  Hobby is homey and comfortable...not far from the valley Eugene Oregon is in which is so nice.  Darrington is another good one...a valley airport that covers a pretty large area.  Squamish is big and very, very detailed (just watch out for the frame hit).  The thing I like the most about Orbx PNW is that you can get several really nice airports very close to each other and take short hops one to another.  

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

KSFF Felts in Spokane is my favorite (NRM package needed). Very detailed surroundings and very immersive. Big enough for larger G/A and small enough for a Cub.

Also, KHQM Bowerman is very well done and FREE with the PNW package (as is Vashon Muni 2S1).

Lots of value there in the PNW package.

Without a doubt it's Bowerman (Freeware from ORBX)

SwZhH.jpg

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

KORS Orcas Island is my favorite small airfield, very detailed, in a very interesting area near other interesting airfiedls, some great additional effects too which give it a lot of character.  Unlike my last purchase, Lake Tahoe, which I think is pretty poor.

-Iain Watson-

Orcas Island is nice then again so is S45 Stilez Bay on the Oregon coast... you really cant go wrong with any of the Orbx GA Airports

RE Thomason Jr.

S45 Stilez Bay

Stiletz has butterflies...and Diamond Point has a flock of birds flying around.  The detail can be pretty cool at these places.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Guest tymk

Another vote for KORS, there's just something very atmospheric about the whole area. Plus, it has the bonus Clam Harbor (WA35) included, a small and rather challenging private strip. Also, make sure you try the freeware ORBX fields, especially Bowerman and  the two Canadian ones (CEN4 and CEJ4).

Tym