Sign in to follow this  
PW4090

747-400F KSDF depature

I am trying to fly real world ups routes out of KSDF using the 747-400F. My problem concerns entering the departure into the FMC. I am using flightaware to acquire the flight plans and the flights begin with either SDHYK1 or SDCVG1. I am confused as to what these abbreviations mean. I know they are not SIDs so do i just skip this entry and go directly to the first waypoint afterwards or am i missing something. Any help would be appreciated. A flight i am trying is from KSDF-KPHL. I know this is normally not flown by a 747 but i found to be a short flight to familiarize my self with the plane.

I am trying to fly real world ups routes out of KSDF using the 747-400F. My problem concerns entering the departure into the FMC. I am using flightaware to acquire the flight plans and the flights begin with either SDHYK1 or SDCVG1. I am confused as to what these abbreviations mean. I know they are not SIDs so do i just skip this entry and go directly to the first waypoint afterwards or am i missing something. Any help would be appreciated. A flight i am trying is from KSDF-KPHL. I know this is normally not flown by a 747 but i found to be a short flight to familiarize my self with the plane.

These are SIDs. Usually if they end in a numerical value and are not an airway they are SIDs or STARs. So, I'm not familiar with the 747 FMC, but in other PMDG FMCs, you enter in the flight plan, click DEP/ARR on the FMC, then departure on KSDF. You can now select your SID.

Thank you for the reponse. I have done further digging and found that these are specific SIDS to ups. These SIDS are not included in navigraph updates. I guess I will have to use passenger SIDS instead.