Sign in to follow this  
Paul12

Model matching

I was reading that here is something called "model matching" for FSInn and I wonder if anybody knows what that is and what it is supposed to do.

Thanks

Hubert Werni

Herbert Werni

In multi-player, you may not have the same aircraft installed as one of the other participants..

In that case you may want to indicate which model should be shown.. is that what you are referring to?

Bert

In multi-player, you may not have the same aircraft installed as one of the other participants..

In that case you may want to indicate which model should be shown.. is that what you are referring to?

Hello Bert,

enclosed id the text I am referring to :

The model-matching Problem
The term "model-matching" is used to describe the correct display of other online aircraft in your
external views or when looking out the cockpit windows. For that, FSInn can use all the aircraft
installed in Flight Simulator. By default that means that other aircraft will be displayed using only the
standard aircraft that come with your version of Flight Simulator, preventing an exact depiction of the
other online aircraft. Of course, you can fly that way online without any problems - a better model
matching just allows a more precise representation of the other online traffic. No other online pilot will
know anything about or be bothered by an incorrect model-matching configuration on your side, as
long as you have configured your own aircraft correctly as written above. You can easily gather your
first online experience without completing this chapter Don't be overwhelmed because this chapter is
more elaborate than the basic configuration of FSInn – it's "only" about eye candy.
If you have previously used Squawkbox, you may have noticed that it comes with a collection of so-
called VIP aircraft to display other aircraft. Even if FSInn can utilise these VIP aircraft, this is
discouraged, as those neither include airline paint jobs nor are they very detailed. There are both pay
ware and freeware packages available for those so-called AI aircraft - aircraft not flyable in Flight
Simulator but only containing 3-D representations painted like the airlines (also often called "repaints"
or "liveries") and therefore well suited for model-matching.

Herbert Werni

I use VPilot and Traffic 360 and it's amazing!! 

The model matching is better than anything I had with FSInn, however I'm told that it can be done, but VPilot made it easier..

Ok, I really don't understand what you're saying. Putting it simply, can I get VPilot to recognize my PMDG collection of aircraft or not? If so, how do I do it? Thanks.

Pete Locascio

Hi andrewr

Can I ask where you got the VMR for traffic 360 from? I only see JF 2005 vmr in my selection and can't see one for Traffic 360?

Cheers

Adam

Ok, I really don't understand what you're saying. Putting it simply, can I get VPilot to recognize my PMDG collection of aircraft or not? If so, how do I do it? Thanks.

The answer is yes, but you will have to create a VMR file which contains the PMDG aircraft and the model model it is to be matched to.

vPilot has VMR files for UT2, MyTraffic, WOAI, etc. If you have one of these then model matching is pretty straight forward.  However, the install doesn't include a VMR for most standalone aircraft.

To create a custom VMR file you'll need to look at one of the files that came with vPIlot to see the format.  Despite the VMR suffix, it's just a simple text file.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem