Sign in to follow this  
gboz

How to upgrade OpusFSX to OpusFSI

Any chance on an up-front sticky on how to upgrade OpusFSX to OpusFSI?

Big question is I guess what to do with OpusFSX before and/or after upgrade.

Thanks,

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

All the details can be found on our website's Downloads page.

Just remember OpusFSI is a different product as well as an upgrade. If you upgrade you do NOT remove or uninstall OpusFSX but simply install the upgrade in its own OpusFSI folder, separate from OpusFSX. In fact the licensing checks will need to see valid and active OpusFSIUpgrade and OpusFSX licenses (.lic files) in your c:\Opus Software folder.

So to upgrade simply,

1. Leave OpusFSX on your system, you can uninstall it if you wish but at the very least you will need its licence file OpusFSX.lic in your c:\Opus Software folder.

2. Download the OpusFSX To OpusFSI Upgrade purchase file (OpusFSI_Upgrade_Purchase.EXE) from our website.

3. Purchase and unwrap the software into your c:\Opus Software folder.

4. Install OpusFSI into a new c:\OpusFSI folder using the unwrapped OpusFSI.msi file.

5. Run and configure the FSISERVER program.

The last step obviously assumes you have previously stepped through the Getting Started Guide and hence drive C is shared with the name C.

Stephen :-)

Can we uninstall OpusFSX after the upgrade? I don't want two versions of the software.

Thanks in advance

Francisco

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

Sorry, please disregard my post

Francisco

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

Hi Francisco,

After Upgrade you can uninstall OpusFSX using the Windows Uninstall Programs Control Panel option, just make sure you do not delete anything in your c:\Opus Software folder. You will need a valid and activated OpusFSX.lic file for the upgrade license to be validated.

Help, followed the upgrade procedures and now have Trackir issues. Once I load the FSI program my view commences shifting forward & backward rapidly. Run P3D alone and no shifting. The following was steps I took to install and test;

1. downloaded the upgrade fsxtofsi file
  2. Shut down AVAST AV for install
  3. Left original O-FSX in tact prior to FSI install
  4. Ran the flight 1 wrapper and extracted package. 
  5. Followed onscreen prompts during install other than directing the output FSI folder to my D:\OpusFSI drive
  6. Created a shortcut to the FSIServer.exe on desktop and set it to run with admin rights
  7. Ran FSI server and provided configuration directives to my P3D 2.3 location
  8. Closed then reopened OFSI then Prepar3D
  9. Began the startup process for my A2A C172 then the view commenced shifting forward & backward rapidly
  10. Shut each program down & rebooted the PC
  11. Ran P3D without OSFI no issues figured reboot solved issue
  12. Alt-Tabbed to desktop and ran OFSI
  13. Swapped to a default aircraft and again view shifting occurred
  14. Shut down each program and restarted P3D no more issue

Specs i7 3.66GHz, Nvidia GTX660Ti w/3Gb Ram, 16Gb Sys Ram, Trackir 4.0 with Pro-Clip

Any ideas?

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Hi,

You must configure your TrackIR option in the new OpusFSI Configure dialog. Use the same settings as you have in your OpusFSX, for example, setting or resetting the TrackIR High Priority option. Once OpusFSI has been set up for TrackIR everything should be OK and your TrackIR should connect to Opus via the FSITRACKIR program rather than connecting directly to the sim which is what is happening at present.

Please try not to send multiple posts and emails ... I do answer all of them so I end up having to answer the same request multiple times.

Is there a page where the differences between the two are highlighted? For me, I'm only interested in weather for planning (as in giving me winds/precip, go/no go) and the camera views. Does it offer me anything new with regards to that?

See our website. Of course, the Live Weather Engine and Live Camera interface are the two main parts of the software that have been upgraded and enhanced. We actually use the new LWE with its new LWA Geographic Maps (with weather overlays) to check the weather prior to flying in the RW sometimes, especially when waiting for the visibility to improve en route.

OpusFSI also allows the weather to be generated without running the sim, just process a flight plan (even a simple one such as EGNX EGKK) which then defines your point of departure and click on Update Weather. The results can be viewed on the new LWA maps and examined using the various test reports.

You do get a new license, the OpusUpgrade.lic file is stored in the c:\Opus Software folder along with the original OpusFSX.lic license file. We also have to work within the restraints of the Flight1 licensing scheme.

The economical option is to buy the OpusFSX to OpusFSI upgrade option but if you only want one license for some reason you can buy the full version of OpusFSI which replaces OpusFSX.

Cheryl