Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Aerosoft HeathrowX vs UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme 3

Just downloading the new AS version now (4.1GB!!!) and shall report back later!

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

I really want to see what performance is like with the PMDG 777 + ASN + AI Traffic before I purchase. Don't want to 'waste' another ounce on an airport that has awful frame rates! 

I've just gone ahead and purchased it, I will report back in about 1 hour on how it performs....

Please do report back!

I hope it is more frame rate friendly than UK2000 Extreme 3. Flying with the PMDG 777 + ASN + AI at 5% turns my FSX into a Powerpoint slideshow.

Enrique Vaamonde

I hope it is more frame rate friendly than UK2000 Extreme 3. Flying with the PMDG 777 + ASN + AI at 5% turns my FSX into a Powerpoint slideshow.

Ditto, it's one of the more beautiful UK2000 airports, but it's like it was designed for a different sim, i get 7FPS (at best) with ASN and the 777

Ian R Tyldesley

That is my worry. I also have UK2000 Heathrow Extreme and its just awful on my high end system! 

Download is nearly finished, I will be back in about 20 minutes. 

Framerates struggled in FSX (with UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme) on my old PC, but that was with very high detail settings, and stupidly high numbers of relatively detailed AI planes (I counted 140+ at one stage). However, with more sensible numbers of AI planes (say around 50), framerates were reasonable. That was with an i5 2500k @ 4.3Ghz/8GB DDR3-1600 RAM/1GB GeForce GTX 560Ti powered system.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

My first impression is that the scenery does perform quite well but this is definitely quite an intensive scenery. I'd say it is better than UK2000 as you are getting A LOT more detail added in. With AI running, ASN, no autogen and using the PMDG 77W I'm getting around 30-35FPS in the VC. My main concern is this is quite a memory intensive scenery meaning some may have VAS issues, definitely worth using the VAS monitor in the library just to keep things in check. Other than that this looks a really stunning scenery so far.

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

VAS....always VAS....again VAS.....More VAS

• Upvote 1

Regis Biassala 

Well, just when we thought we could start enjoying FSX (after 7 or 8 years of waiting for the right hardware to make it run decently), now it seems VAS issues are the new nightmare to haunt our flights. I can barely finish 50% of my PMDG 777 flights without an OOM when using payware add ons.

So part of my "descent checklist" is to save the flight and restart FSX to avoid frustrations on final approach.

I have become a paranoid simmer :-(

Enrique Vaamonde

My VAS issues were resolved by switching to DX10.

Great to hear the new Aerosoft Heathrow scenery performs better than the UK2000 because although I have a fairly good PC it struggled the other day when I was on the arrival with lots of Vatsim traffic.

I'll see if I can get better FPS by using the configuration manager included with the UK2000 scenery lowering the settings a bit. If not I guess I'll give the Aerosoft version a go as soon as it's supported by AES.

Richard Åsberg

Well, just when we thought we could start enjoying FSX (after 7 or 8 years of waiting for the right hardware to make it run decently), now it seems VAS issues are the new nightmare to haunt our flights. I can barely finish 50% of my PMDG 777 flights without an OOM when using payware add ons.

So part of my "descent checklist" is to save the flight and restart FSX to avoid frustrations on final approach.

I have become a paranoid simmer :-(

Thats the joys of a 32 bit platform. Its a shame some are plagued with OOM's, out of interest do you have DX10? I do and I haven't got one OOM since I switched to it! and I have flown from Fly Tampa's Dubai to Flight Beams KIAD a total of 15 hours without any issues at all in the PMDG 77W + ASN + UT2 at atleast 30% 

Shamrock727, I do in fact have DX10 although disabled. I even bought Steve's Fixer before he took it down.

I just didn't get the same crisp quality as DX9 and when I did the performance just went to the bottom.

It is not the first time I've heard about reduced OOM errors using DX10, so I may try that again over the weekend.

My most recent OOM was in the PMDG 777 after a 11 hour flight from Charles de Gaulle to Houston. I used AI at 10%, Ray Smith's latest AFCAD for LFPG and Fsdreamteam KIAH. I had the OOM on final.

Cheers

-E

Enrique Vaamonde

I do not use AI since I fly on Vatsim but I get 20-30 fps at UK2000 EGLL with traffic(IVAO MTL). If I fly into EGLL with FTX Europe enabled in the 777 or NGX I will get OOM most of the time. Using FTX Global and EU LC I have no OOM even on longer flights from FB KIAD or KDEN. Worth noting is I am using Scenery config editor and disable all Orbx airports and other UK2000 airports beside the one I am flying to, EGLL or EGKK. If You have selected FTX Global in FTX Central all your Orbx airports are still enabled in the sceney library.

Back on topic I believe that the AS EGLL will be more VAS intensive than the UK200 version. Looking forward to some feedback on that.

Shamrock727, I do in fact have DX10 although disabled. I even bought Steve's Fixer before he took it down.

I just didn't get the same crisp quality as DX9 and when I did the performance just went to the bottom.

It is not the first time I've heard about reduced OOM errors using DX10, so I may try that again over the weekend.

My most recent OOM was in the PMDG 777 after a 11 hour flight from Charles de Gaulle to Houston. I used AI at 10%, Ray Smith's latest AFCAD for LFPG and Fsdreamteam KIAH. I had the OOM on final.

Cheers

-E

E: I did try Steve's DX 10 fixer and actually had an OOM on my first flight with it. Also like You I have better visuals in dx9. My solution to avoid OOM is described above. I can add that I use TML 2048 and autogen at normal, no AI and no road or water traffic.

Hi Michael, thanks... glad to know I'm not the only one with better DX9 graphics.

As a matter of fact I do the same as you before each flight. I manually deselect every scenery region I don't need for the current flight and make double-sure that all ORBX regions but FTXGlobal are off. I use UTX for USA, Europe and Central America & Caribbean.

I rarely use AI when flying into UK2000 Xtreme 3 to reduce possibilities of an OOM error and to improve my frame rate, but if there is stormy weather (I use ASN) then the possibilities of a slideshow or an OOM increase.

I use REX4 clouds DXT at 1024. Textures in FSX at 2048. Autogen Normal. No road traffic, no vehicles. Cloud draw distance at ASN's default (90nm if i remember correctly).

Let's hope Aerosoft Heathrow is easier on the frame rate.

Enrique Vaamonde