Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for P3D

Sorry. Still no joy. Is there any kind of logging you could add so you can see what's going on?

I have reduced the Target Count all the way down to 6 just to force some deletions but it continues to say Deleted - 0.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sorry. Still no joy. Is there any kind of logging you could add so you can see what's going on?

I have reduced the Target Count all the way down to 6 just to force some deletions but it continues to say Deleted - 0.

Well right now its not much except what you see in console. When you start it, you should see:

> Connection request sent ...
> Connected to FSX

Then when checking optimize you should see:

> Data request sent ...
> Optimize starting ...
> Deleted - 12

Are getting these in the console?

Yes. Seeing the same as you with the exception of Deleted where it shows 0.

I'm at Heathrow (EGLL) with Ai% of 50 using MTX.

I've checked "Auto Optimize" and all Statistics are 0.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yes. Seeing the same as you with the exception of Deleted where it shows 0.

I'm at Heathrow (EGLL) with Ai% of 50 using MTX.

I've checked "Auto Optimize" and all Statistics are 0.

So its connected fine to FSX but no data comes back from FSX, hence stats are zero, hence 0 deletes, since we don't get any data.

Did you try running this as Administrator?

Ok, Once more for SP2 https://drive.google...dit?usp=sharing

Extract to new folder and try.

Didn't seem to improve.  Is there something I'm supposed to be doing besides extracting and running?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I could use a little clarification, if AI is already modeled in P3D out a certain diameter of miles/kilometers around the user aircraft and one can already adjust more or less AI aircraft with the slider... why would I need this?  

AI traffic is only modeled within the user "reality bubble", which is actually a group of scenery rectangles, which move with the user. There could be either a few Ai aircraft within the bubble or hundreds, depending on where the user is flying. When using a traffic add-on, there are far more AI aircraft within the bubble in a large metropolitan area like NYC than there would be elsewhere. Hence, the performance can be substantially degraded. This app caps the maximum number of aircraft within the user's bubble.

Jay, I have no SimConnect.dll at this location:  C:\Windows\WinSxS

Did you search all subfolders also? That folder is how Windows supports side-by-side (SxS) installations of multiple versions of a library like SimConnect. That's how you can run FSX and P3d and they both find the correct version of the library. If you manually put a version of SimConnect.dll in the sim's main folder, it may work for some SimConnect add-ons and may not work for others.

SxS is a MS invention that prevents having one constantly updated DLL that keeps getting bigger and bigger as time goes on to account for compatibility with legacy programs. It is also used with C libraries, which there are literally tens of versions on most PCs.

Did you try running this as Administrator?

I have UAC turned off so everything runs as Administrator.

Isn't there some kind of test procedure in the SDK for ensuring SimConnect is working properly? From memory it involved Ai aircraft. I wonder if you could expand your program so it shows a count of the number of Ai at an airport. That would prove to the user there was a correct handshake.

I appreciate it's very frustrating for you. Hope you can overcome these problems.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The SimConnect.ini file

The default SimConnect.ini file will enable the debug window and disable the log file. Use a semi-colon to start a comment, or comment out a directive. The file should be in your My Documents\ESP Files folder.

Directive Values Description

level Verbose, Normal, Warning, Error, Off           Set the level of text communication to be provided to the console, debug string, or log file.

console Yes, No                                                    Open a command line debug window to display server to client communication.

OutputDebugString Yes, No                                 Sends the output text to the Platform SDK OutputDebugString. Refer to MSDN documentation for more details

file Filename                                                            Output communications to a log file. If the text %03u is included in the filename, then the filename will be incremented each time ESP starts, so giving a new log file for each test run.

Example: file=c:\simconnect%03u.log file_next_index Integer The index of the first log file. Subsequent log files will have the index number incremented by one. 

I have UAC turned off so everything runs as Administrator.

Isn't there some kind of test procedure in the SDK for ensuring SimConnect is working properly? From memory it involved Ai aircraft. I wonder if you could expand your program so it shows a count of the number of Ai at an airport. That would prove to the user there was a correct handshake.

I appreciate it's very frustrating for you. Hope you can overcome these problems.

I am not sure about a test procedure. But here's what I found:

http://www.dodosim.com/support.html

There is a dodotest program to test simconnect.

The thing is that when you click optimize (or refresh), it does get the number of AI aircraft, but nothing seems to be returned.

Edit: This is what I get with the dodotest program:

SimConnect SP2 WinSxS Check, build: 17-04-09/1. Copyright⌐2009 DodoSim.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

This program checks for proper installation of FSX SP2/Acc SimConnect.dll
in WinSxS system.

Ensure FSX is running (to menu or flight) and press [Return] to continue.

Connection to Flight Simulator via SP2 SimConnect SUCCEEDED.

Press [Return] to exit

I am not sure about a test procedure. But here's what I found:

The thing is that when you click optimize (or refresh), it does get the number of AI aircraft, but nothing seems to be returned.

Edit: This is what I get with the dodotest program:

SimConnect SP2 WinSxS Check, build: 17-04-09/1. Copyright⌐2009 DodoSim.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

This program checks for proper installation of FSX SP2/Acc SimConnect.dll
in WinSxS system.

Ensure FSX is running (to menu or flight) and press [Return] to continue.

Connection to Flight Simulator via SP2 SimConnect SUCCEEDED.

Press [Return] to exit

Duke, just tried your latest download...and all statistics still report zeros. (0).  No A.I. interaction or deletion. FSX shows as connected, and your program does not CTD, but no deletions, no reporting, nothing.

Duke, just tried your latest download...and all statistics still report zeros. (0).  No A.I. interaction or deletion. FSX shows as connected, and your program does not CTD, but no deletions, no reporting, nothing.

Dodotest?

Dodotest?

Duke, I have the test window open right now, with FSX running, and here is the test line result verbatim: Connection to Flight Simulator via SP2 SimConnect SUCCEEDED.  So...my SimConnect is working, but your latest program is NOT interacting with it, it seems....(!). :(

dukeav,

Downloaded and ran the DodoSim program. I also see Connection to Flight Simulator via SP2 SimConnect succeeded.

I still think it would be helpful if you could show how many Ai are at an airport when the program first runs. The user could make a note of the fps and then after pressing Optimise check fps again after the excess Ai have been removed.

I know you say there is a handshake but it would confirm to the user it's actually reading from FSX.

Can you confirm what Last Count is counting? Mine always says 0 suggesting it's not finding any Ai to delete.

I've searched for a simconnect.ini on my FSX PC and the only ones I can find are sample ones provided by MyTraffic.

I have one in Flight Simulator X Files named simconnect.in# obviously disabled - reason unknown.

Should we have a simconnect.ini on our FSX PC? I have one on other PCs where I run FSX related software.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I must be lucky or something - for me, all 3 FSX versions of Traffic Optimizer work.

I have the SDK installed, shouldn't make any difference I suppose, just mentioning it.

Also, FWIW, both my sims are installed outside "Program Files" ("F:\MFSX" and "F:\P3D2", respectively).

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

I must be lucky or something - for me, all 3 FSX versions of Traffic Optimizer work.

I have the SDK installed, shouldn't make any difference I suppose, just mentioning it.

Also, FWIW, both my sims are installed outside "Program Files" ("F:\MFSX" and "F:\P3D2", repsectively).

+1 Just install the FSX version it works fine.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV