Sign in to follow this  
Leclercq A.

P3Dv2 about terrain shadow cast

Hi Peter,

concerns 2.3 build 01 of SIMstarter.

I noticed that the "TERRAIN_SHADOWS_CAST" was always set to 1, even when the cursor "Terrain shadow cast distance" is by default on zero.

Unless you move the cursor "Terrain shadow cast distance" to the right, and replace it on zero.

It's not really a problem when we know. But if I forget to move it, I have black squares that flash on the ground. That's how I noticed it.

Regards

Aimé

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit / MS-7917 / 16384MB RAM / ATI Radeon RX590 8GB Vram / SyncMaster B2430L / SyncMaster 2333SW / LG ULTRAWIDE / Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 / Yüsmart JT198x7-1 / Flight Yoke System / Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel + Trottle quadran / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals / Trackir5

Hi Aimé,

maybe it would be a good idea getting you part of the BETA-Team. ;O)

I will double check that.

Which behavior would you expect to do it the "right way"?

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

Mmmm, why not ;-) I like testing.

What I expect...

In tweek section: a slider for AUTOGEN_TREE_MAX_DRAW_DISTANCE (P3Dv2)

with "AUTOGEN_TREE_MIN_DISTANCE_TO_LOD" set automatically.

An auto backup of "VehicleFavorites.xml" (I had this file reset to nul after uninstall something).

No other idea for this time ;-)

Regards

Aimé

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit / MS-7917 / 16384MB RAM / ATI Radeon RX590 8GB Vram / SyncMaster B2430L / SyncMaster 2333SW / LG ULTRAWIDE / Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 / Yüsmart JT198x7-1 / Flight Yoke System / Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel + Trottle quadran / Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals / Trackir5

In tweek section: a slider for AUTOGEN_TREE_MAX_DRAW_DISTANCE (P3Dv2)

with "AUTOGEN_TREE_MIN_DISTANCE_TO_LOD" set automatically.

Do you know the minimum and maximum values? Otherwise I would leave a textbox for that.

An auto backup of "VehicleFavorites.xml" (I had this file reset to nul after uninstall something).

Please use my freeware tool SIMconfigBackup for that reqirement. Otherwise SIMstarter will become a backup tool. *lol*

AUTOGEN_TREE_MAX_DRAW_DISTANCE=12000 seems to be an acceptable maximum.

and 2500 for minimum.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/82985-mix-screenshots/

It seems that the "AUTOGEN_TREE_MIN_DISTANCE_TO_LOD" is recalculated and stored in the config if too much value is used.

I will do some tests.

Edit:

Maximum values are:

AUTOGEN_TREE_MAX_DRAW_DISTANCE=12000.000000
AUTOGEN_TREE_MIN_DISTANCE_TO_LOD=10500.000000

Minimum:

AUTOGEN_TREE_MAX_DRAW_DISTANCE=1500.000000
AUTOGEN_TREE_MIN_DISTANCE_TO_LOD=0.000000

Recalculated by P3D and stored in the config if too much or too low values are used.

LOD_RADIUS did not affect the result of the distance display.

Aimé
My Youtube channel

The minimum gap between max and min appears to be in 1500.

The more the gap widens between these variables less trees you see on the edge of display. (This is more sparse in the distance.)

Aimé
My Youtube channel

Tweaks will be included in next version. ;O)

But you have to move both seperately because maybe other users are using different settings.