Sign in to follow this  
mc64938

PMDG 777ER

Hi is this normal for the 777er. I did tutorial flight same as the 777LR. I did the same fuel a weight the trim value not the same instead of 2.75 was set at 5.75. Is it because the airline is slightly longer then the 777LR or is it a bug?

Hi is this normal for the 777er. I did tutorial flight same as the 777LR. I did the same fuel a weight the trim value not the same instead of 2.75 was set at 5.75. Is it because the airline is slightly longer then the 777LR or is it a bug?

I'd have to check it myself, but there's a lot more to CG (and therefore, trim) than changes in your fuel value.  Using the same fuel value in two different planes, despite the fact that they both have 7s in them is going to give you different trim values.

Kyle Rodgers

Your post was somewhat unclear.  I assume that you mean the 777-300ER.   The 777-300ER is not slightly longer than the 777-200LR, it is MUCH longer, by more than 30 feet in fact, and has a number of other structural differences including different fuel tanks, different wingspan, and changes to the landing gear .  As a result, the -300ER has a different empty weight, different center of gravity, and different fuel efficiency and range.  Thus, you should expect that items like stab trim, runway requirements, fuel requirements and many other settings will be significantly different, even when flying the same route with a similar payload.  The tutorial was written specifically for the 777-200LR, long before the -300ER was released, and so you should not expect every detail to match perfectly.  Hope this helps.

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

Is a further tutorial flight planned for the 300 then, please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

while the two are similar, their differences is simply physics. The -300 is longer thus the balance is obviously going to shift your CG. If you have not noticed already, it handles a lot different than the -200. There are various YouTube videos that might be of interest to you that show this birds functionality in detail and how it should be set up (as a guide). Cheers

Is a further tutorial flight planned for the 300 then, please?

Other than the fact that the plane is longer, and therefore has different CG and trim, what would be the point of a tutorial specific to the 300ER?

Kyle Rodgers

Other than the fact that the plane is longer, and therefore has different CG and trim, what would be the point of a tutorial specific to the 300ER?

Ryan says that the engines are more powerful so, different settings etc that do not relate to the 200LR.  Your video for instance featuring Ryan's tutorial doesen't apply at all to the ER.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Ryan says that the engines are more powerful so, different settings etc that do not relate to the 200LR.  Your video for instance featuring Ryan's tutorial doesen't apply at all to the ER.

The engines are each rated for an additional 5K per side.  While that's not entirely insignificant, would you also argue that the tutorial written for the 737-800 version of the NGX doesn't apply to the 737-600 version?

The video applies nearly completely with the exception of maybe the speeds.  That might seem significant unless you stop to remember that the speeds can significantly differ even with the same aircraft, simply at different weights.

I'm not at all following your logic here...

Kyle Rodgers