Sign in to follow this  
RoyalGuard

Light and Bloom Problems

Hi Everyone!

I have had this product for a while and I'm coming to a bit of a problem here. Maybe I'm just not understanding something right, and this fix is as simple as a tweak in the program settings. Simply put, I don't appear to have any bloom effect, and no matter what plane I am in, I don't show the Aircraft lights lighting up the surface of the ground. Once My current flight finishes. I'll switch back to DX9 and confirm that all these things are working correctly for me. In the meantime, has anyone run into this type of problem that has been resolved by tweaking settings in the DX10 configuration program?

Thanks for your help and regards!

Signature2.png

Quote name="RoyalGuard" post="3074139" timestamp="1410391929"]Hi Everyone!

I have had this product for a while and I'm coming to a bit of a problem here. Maybe I'm just not understanding something right, and this fix is as simple as a tweak in the program settings. Simply put, I don't appear to have any bloom effect, and no matter what plane I am in, I don't show the Aircraft lights lighting up the surface of the ground. Once My current flight finishes. I'll switch back to DX9 and confirm that all these things are working correctly for me. In the meantime, has anyone run into this type of problem that has been resolved by tweaking settings in the DX10 configuration program?

Hi i had similar problems, you could try Michael Swannicks lights fix or go down the route I did and that was to purchase the A2A shockwavelights.

This will install the default airplanes with the shockwave lights and if you have any add on airplanes there is some info on how to install in those,

If you have UT2 there is a free download for shockwave lights, but the installation is long winded in so much you have to copy and paste a lot of files in the ut2 directory,

Bob

Ps sorry dont have any links at the moment, not at home, b

Just to add to my comments the links are in the 'How to Guide', also to use the ut2 shockwave files you of course need the a2a shockwave program.

Bob.

Hi Everyone!

I suspect for Bloom you are looking for the star filter effect? That doesn't occur in DX10 its a much simpler effect which just makes surfaces brighten

Most lights in FSX don't illuminate the ground - only landing lights and a few 3rd party aircraft which have special effects.

I suspect for Bloom you are looking for the star filter effect? That doesn't occur in DX10 its a much simpler effect which just makes surfaces brighten

Most lights in FSX don't illuminate the ground - only landing lights and a few 3rd party aircraft which have special effects.

Hi,

I actually found out my light illumination issue was the texture folder, which I have fixed. Yes, exactly the star looking light effect I was missing! I'm sorry to hear that's not a dx10 feature. I assume there is no work around for that?

I appreciate all of your replies folks! I love this community for its responsiveness!

Regards

Signature2.png