Sign in to follow this  
Devinci

Bye bye FSX

I have just built a brand new $2000 pc and my CTDs got worse for some reason. I 'm getting a CTDs every 5 minutes or so. This is so frustrating... 

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm already using the UIautomationcore.dll fix.

I have installed the following:

PMDG 737NGX, PMDG 777, FS2crew NGX, GSX

Check out my build: 

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/w74CmG

highmemfix too?

I tried bojote's tweaks. I think it does fix that but I'm not sure, I'll have to test it.

I tried bojote's tweaks. I think it does fix that but I'm not sure, I'll have to test it.

If you took a bojote cfg you know highmemfix is there... I personally believe you should check into event viewer, windows logs, then to application and you can see what module crashed FSX.

If you took a bojote cfg you know highmemfix is there... I personally believe you should check into event viewer, windows logs, then to application and you can see what module crashed FSX.

I have:  HIGHMEMFIX=1

Is that correct?

From Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x76ed1a91
Faulting process id: 0x185c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfce0cb8403af2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 727dcfce-3a00-11e4-8259-448a5b9d9f4b
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

You're running Windows 8.1... like me.

It has a LOT of problems with FSX, usually just random CTDs. Here's some system details:

I5 3330 @ 3.2 Ghz

6GB 1600 RAM with 1TB HDD

GTX 750ti

I also use the NGX, REX (with 1024x1024 clouds when using an addon airport), 50% WOAI traffic, and GSX in DX10. I used Bojote's tweaks, but got rid of the AffinityMask tweak (lowers framerate and causes massive stuttering). I also have most sliders to the right. I don't know if it's luck or what, but when I don't run FSX full-screen (in a maximized window) I usually get no CTDs. I just had a 4.5 hour flight in the NGX the other day with addon airports and no CTDs! If it was full screen, it probably would have crashed. Weird fix, I know, but hey... it fixes random crashes  :P You can just make the task bar at the bottom auto-hide to make it as "full screen" as possible.

Hope this helps  :BigGrin:

Oh, and btw, that PC looks beastly...

My "system" is far weaker than what you two have and is actually a laptop so I'm surprised desktop users get way more CTDs. I guess it must have something to do with loading the FSX with too many addons as I try to keep it to a bare minumum. (Weather program, addon aircraft, airport scenery, enbseries and thats it).

For me very rarely I get a ctd, and when i do get it's because of a badly coded GPS.

You're running Windows 8.1... like me.

It has a LOT of problems with FSX, usually just random CTDs. Here's some system details:

I5 3330 @ 3.2 Ghz

6GB 1600 RAM with 1TB HDD

GTX 750ti

I also use the NGX, REX (with 1024x1024 clouds when using an addon airport), 50% WOAI traffic, and GSX in DX10. I used Bojote's tweaks, but got rid of the AffinityMask tweak (lowers framerate and causes massive stuttering). I also have most sliders to the right. I don't know if it's luck or what, but when I don't run FSX full-screen (in a maximized window) I usually get no CTDs. I just had a 4.5 hour flight in the NGX the other day with addon airports and no CTDs! If it was full screen, it probably would have crashed. Weird fix, I know, but hey... it fixes random crashes  :P You can just make the task bar at the bottom auto-hide to make it as "full screen" as possible.

Hope this helps  :BigGrin:

Oh, and btw, that PC looks beastly...

I also think it may have to do with Windows 8.1. I'm already runnning FSX as admin but I'll also try running it in compatibility mode with vista. 

Thanks. The PC is amazing I'm running all games on max settings possible. I tried that with FSX and it's getting me 24fps with the NGX. And I have everything on ssd so it's super fast!!

The 6Gb VRAM also is showing it's usefulness in KSP as I just tested a 1000 parts craft and I'm getting 20+ fps.

My "system" is far weaker than what you two have and is actually a laptop so I'm surprised desktop users get way more CTDs. I guess it must have something to do with loading the FSX with too many addons as I try to keep it to a bare minumum. (Weather program, addon aircraft, airport scenery, enbseries and thats it).

For me very rarely I get a ctd, and when i do get it's because of a badly coded GPS.

You're lucky indeed. I'll try P3D tomorrow and see if it makes a difference.

I also think it may have to do with Windows 8.1. I'm already runnning FSX as admin but I'll also try running it in compatibility mode with vista. 

Thanks. The PC is amazing I'm running all games on max settings possible. I tried that with FSX and it's getting me 24fps with the NGX. And I have everything on ssd so it's super fast!!

The 6Gb VRAM also is showing it's usefulness in KSP as I just tested a 1000 parts craft and I'm getting 20+ fps.

You're lucky indeed. I'll try P3D tomorrow and see if it makes a difference.

P3D is generally regarded as a more stable program but I heard there is a few extra steps you have to make in order to use the NGX on it.

P3D is generally regarded as a more stable program but I heard there is a few extra steps you have to make in order to use the NGX on it.

I did have CTDs on my old system as well.

Did you try running FSX in a maximized window yet?

Yeah, I always run FSX in window mode so I can use Aivlasoft on my second monitor.

Do you have a spare laptop you can network with Aivlasoft? That way you can stay full screen.

ZORAN

Do you have a spare laptop you can network with Aivlasoft? That way you can stay full screen.

I tried that once but my antivirus or firewall was giving me issues with the connection. Is it possible with an ipad?

I don't believe so. If you keep googling " permissions firewall/Av" etc you will find a way to get around them. In my case though I had to dump Avast because it was to high maintenance affecting to many programs

It wont hurt to try Vanilla fsc.cfg with only highmem fix and keep testing

ZORAN

I don't believe so. If you keep googling " permissions firewall/Av" etc you will find a way to get around them. In my case though I had to dump Avast because it was to high maintenance affecting to many programs

It wont hurt to try Vanilla fsc.cfg with only highmem fix and keep testing

Ok, I'll try that. I guess the UIautomation fix does not work on Windows 8...