Sign in to follow this  
MarioDonick

Flying the Panthera -- and you choose where I'm going

I'm going to do a video series on YouTube (some kind of Let's Play or Let's fly) where I'm using the Pipistrel Panthera by Aerobask, v2 (this update should be available soon) -- and you can tell me where I should go.

For the 1st part of the series, you can tell me your wishes for departure and arrival airport, for the others it will be the next destination.

Please choose airports which I have included in my "airports with good scenery" maps (https://mapsengine.google.com/map/viewer?mid=zKdUoyDRH6j0.k7Q3rMFgZpe4). Also, the distance should not be longer than 1,000 nm (and if you want to be nice, avoid long water routes... these are boring).

You can give me your vote either here or in the thread in the German Aerosoft forum (http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/84966-panthera-fluge-und-ihr-entscheidet-wo-es-hingehen-soll/). I will collect votes of both forums and then decide.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

LOWI Insbruck to LJPZ Portoroz

Thanks for the 1st vote -- LJPZ is actually a good idea, because the real Panthera is produced in Slovenia.

Voting is open until September 13th, 2 pm (UTC+1).

Make sure to get the freeware but payware quality LJPZ...:)

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Make sure to get the freeware but payware quality LJPZ...:)

If you look at the map mentioned in post #1, you can see I have it already :)

Ahhhh, you're one of those people my Dad warned me about who "has an answer for everything"...

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Ahhhh, you're one of those people my Dad warned me about who "has an answer for everything"...

:lol:

Does it have rain effects on the canopy?

Does it have rain effects on the canopy?

I think it has rain and ice effects, but I'm not 100% sure right now (maybe I'm confusing it with DA-42). I will check later.

LOWI Insbruck to LJPZ Portoroz

Votings for the first leg are done, and both here and at the Aerosoft forum, Portoroz won. Due to other wishes regarding airports in Western Europe, the legs in the two initial videos will be:

1. Portoroz -- Innsbruck

2. Innsbruck -- Lugano

I will fly and record the first two legs this weekend, but you can already think about the 3rd leg. Once the videos are online, you can tell me where I should continue (preferably airports on my map (see first post)).

Here is the video for the first leg, from Portoroz to Innsbruck:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/451535-flying-the-panthera-in-x-plane-10-videos/

Sorry for the bad video quality (480p), my computer is too slow for recording in HD.

The next leg will be Innsbruck to Lugano, but you can choose where I should go next, starting in Lugano, going to...? :)

LMML Malta would be suggestion, has interesting approach.

Thank you! Suggestion is noted!

LOWI to LSZA Lugano is a very nice leg. It is not a very long leg , but a beautiful one, as you fly over the mountains.

X-Plane%20banner1.jpg