Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

12SEP14 - General Update on Many Topics

In this update we have a bunch of other items, but they are mostly nice-to-do items that we knocked out because we had the time while the other items were being researched. As I mentioned- the focus of this update is the time acceleration problems.

thanks for the update

one issue i am personally interested in but has not been explicitly mentioned here is the micro-stutters some of us are facing. any news on that one? were you able to identify and solve the problem?

Captain,

I would like the NGX first please.

The 777 crowd are spoiled rotten.

Will there be a license conversion

option or is it going to be full price

again for those who already have

an FSX license?

I think NGX SP2 is a must, now if PMDG need to spend quite sometime to bring it, then it's ok to charge some reasonable fee for it, but It has to come  at some point. I think more people will be disappointed in not having SP2 at all vs paying some fee to have it including my self.

Evan

Count me in as a customer willing to pay for weather radar in the NGX.

Dan Cole

Development work on the 747-400 has been humming along at full speed over the past couple of months. We are in early alpha testing with this product, and moving closer to the the point where we can begin to preview our progress for you.

I cannot even begin to express how unbelievably excited I am about this!! Seriously can't wait for the Queen of the Sky!

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

I would be willing to pay for a cockpit geometry update for the NGX. Give it that narrow cockpit feel that the 737 has. Ifly didn't get it right either. I think the default 737 VC is the closest. Otherwise the NGX is just perfect.

I would be willing to pay for a cockpit geometry update for the NGX. Give it that narrow cockpit feel that the 737 has. Ifly didn't get it right either. I think the default 737 VC is the closest. Otherwise the NGX is just perfect.

for this, personally, i wouldn't be willing to pay a penny... the bird flies perfect. i don t care about a few inches narrower cockpit.

To my taste there are more important items that would be interesting having,

1. weather radar, i bought ASN because i knew it was coming into T7 and it was kind of promised to be integrated into ngx...

2. data uplink would be nice to have too

but i would not pay for it

of course this is only my personal opinion

for this, personally, i wouldn't be willing to pay a penny... the bird flies perfect. i don t care about a few inches narrower cockpit.

To my taste there are more important items that would be interesting having,

1. weather radar, i bought ASN because i knew it was coming into T7 and it was kind of promised to be integrated into ngx...

2. data uplink would be nice to have too

but i would not pay for it

of course this is only my personal opinion

I agree; I would be willing to pay for the cockpit geometry fix, but I'd rather sp2 have the wx radar and the data uplink most importantly.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

I agree; I would be willing to pay for the cockpit geometry fix, but I'd rather sp2 have the wx radar and the data uplink most importantly.

I don't think the 737NG has uplink features like the 777 for things like wind/performance etc? Could be wrong... I've only seen uplinking in the ACARS part personally 

I don't think the 737NG has uplink features like the 777 for things like wind/performance etc? Could be wrong... I've only seen uplinking in the ACARS part personally 

737NG has uplink for takeoff request and PERF INIT request. I saw it when I jumpseated the preflight stage of a 737NG. I don't know about descend forecast or wind.

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Gents-

A few folks seem to be misreading and then misquoting the information presented above- so I'm going to take this and boil it down the the shortest bullet point possible (please help me to correct mis-quoters by pointing them here...):

A) NGX SP2:  We do not know what shape this will take, but it will most likely surface when we convert the NGX to P3D.  This one is a MASSIVE amount of work and cannot be done correctly *and* quickly. 

B )  777-200ER:  We ate up the development time slated for this product with the huge swatch of updates we gave you with SP1.  Hence, developmental resources are already working on the 400 series and we will come back for this one.  It might be next month- it might be after the 400 releases.  The fact that I am not committing to a timeline is not a reason to slash your wrists. 

A few folks in this thread have given us the invariable lecture on how we should run PMDG.  I'm sorry you don't agree with our developmental priorities- but they are laid out in a specific way for a reason- and yes we do know what we are doing even if our priorities don't match your personal preferences...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com