Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

XPlane Development Status Thread [Updated 12SEP14]

Good thinks come to those who wait....but this waiting is getting harder and harder!

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

Gents-

We should have a more detailed update for the Xplane side of the house shortly...  We had an announcement brewing for mid September- but some details have us sitting on it for the moment.

I can tell you that the long term plan is that you will see the NGX, 777 and 747v2.0 in Xplane...  That is where we are ultimately headed.... 

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hmmmm, NGX, 777 PMDGs for X-Plane 10  RR?

Well, I think I will finally forgive you having left me with two children 12 yrs ago....

Your two boys have just got into the University, BTW.... Who knows they'll follow that Aerowinx FS Course .... After all, their only Dream as always been to Fly!

But good news, and just now that XP10 is actually back on my system :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I can tell you that the long term plan is that you will see the NGX, 777 and 747v2.0 in Xplane...  That is where we are ultimately headed.... 

Thank you Robert for this update.

And thank you for your confirm about your long term plan, it's very important for us X-Planers to know once more that you're looking well after your first two X-Plane projects in order to give us your top-notch planes!

Angelo

Now! That explains a lot; I was beginning to feel neglected, on this side of the aisle.

Thank you Robert.

Thank you for the update.  Very exciting news indeed, will be watching the boards carefully.

I got a brand new shiny Signature, i hope the Avism overlords approve B)

Hi everybody,

good (long term) news since I just discontinued using FSX for good and changed over to X-Plane 10.30 (64 bit). I did enjoy sim-flying PMDGs products but FSX as a platform has reached the end of its lifetime. I've had enough fighting its many bugs ... For now I shall fly KingAir, CRJ, 757 and PSX (the successor of my old favourite 747 sim, coupled to X-Plane) until 737NGX and 777 become available for X-Plane.

Happy landings

Sigmar (LOWL/LNZ, Austria)

I can tell you that the long term plan is that you will see the NGX, 777 and 747v2.0 in Xplane...

Robert,

I'm closing in on 59. I don't know how much long term I've got left!  :lol:

NAX669.png

All do respect one cannot properly size market opportunity based on forum views.

I bet if PMDG releases NGX, 777 and/or 747v2 (and not a prototype plane (!)), then a new era will reach with many new X-Plane followers. X-Plane is able to get much more out of PMDG's quality than FSX is able. People are just frozen on PMDG and not on FSX itself. 

X-Plane has so many potential. X-Plane potential starts where FSX stopped. The dynamics, the 'feel' of flying, lightnings, rendering features, DX11 and many more! 

- Same story for Aerosoft and their Airports. For example, Amsterdam Airport Schiphol looks way more realistic and dynamic compared to the FSX version. Taxing under an apron light will light up your cockpit when you approach it for example. Furthermore, X-Plane is able to handle more out of your hardware. 

So, there are only pluspoints for PMDG to get started with X-Plane (a.s.a.p). No need to worry about market opportunity. Nobody was able to think about a machine with 1000 mp3 numbers on it, untill Apple JUST DID IT. Think about this philosophy, it's a mindset.

...they will release their first "basic" plane eventually...

... BUT as i said, releasing a "base" plane may lead into no interest and misleading of the potential

Define 'basic' and 'base' plane, please.

Also why PMDG should do such a thing.

not a fully modeled airliner which is pmdg top notch known for... 737NGX, 777, 747, fully modeled, full fmc, etc.

Why they will? because they said that.

COPY/PASTE from their post:

PMDG are using this first project as a "sandbox" from which to try out new and varied techniques in order to deliver the type of quality simulation experience that is desired by PMDG customers currently using our products in FSX.

Upon completion of this project, we will evaluate the market demand and the Xplane platform's viability as a platform for future growth of our PMDG BAe JS4100, PMDG 737NGX, PMDG 777 and PMDG 747-400v2.0 product lines with an eye toward making these products available to Xplane users.

Gents-

We should have a more detailed update for the Xplane side of the house shortly...  We had an announcement brewing for mid September- but some details have us sitting on it for the moment.

You even bothered read some posts earlier.?

fully agree, i think the same way. If they were going to release the so much demanded NGX, i presume not only almost the entire existing xplane base will buy it, but they will create a new strong market as well because of the platform potential. BUT as i said, releasing a "base" plane may lead into no interest and misleading of the potential

It seems a little odd to develop an initial product offering for x-plane that does not give the functionality that PMDG customers are used to - and then to judge the market demand based on this product. Why not showcase a high quality x-plane product showing the full capabilities of the platform right from the start?

You guys understand the right priciple! However, Robert said a few days ago he is preparing the NGX, 777 and 747v2 for X-Plane platform. But I hope the 'long term plan' will be 'short term plan' =)

If guys are curious how PMDG quality can be in X-Plane, I advise you to take a look at 'IXEG 737 Classic' project and movies. There are movies from 2013 about the complexity and realism of it, but the texturing has been optimized. Therfore I recommend you to take a the movie from 2014. Note: It's not promoting, just facing with the facts about where we have to go to together!  ^_^

I'm not on the scene that long but its very obvious that PMDG are the gold standard in the Flight Sim World....If they release a port into X-Plane like every other company they will be testing the waters for reaction, which is fair enough, they aint charity..If i can go out on a limb here i would say, one thing is for sure that what ever comes first no matter how big or small it will be very interesting and will worth the wait.