Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

FSX Fiber Accelerator v1.3

As v1.3 is now available can we have all discussion on this version here please.

I raised a ticket which has now been closed on an error when FSFA is launched via an entry in fsuipc4.ini. That should be fixed very soon.

I know it's a subjective thing but I actually prefer the horizontal bars on v1.2 to the gauges on 1.3. Just easier to see at a glance how well things are working.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I know it's a subjective thing but I actually prefer the horizontal bars on v1.2 to the gauges on 1.3. Just easier to see at a glance how well things are working.

Hi Ray,

I have found the 'gauge' display more to my liking...but perhaps, they could offer a sub-set GUI of either the gauge interface, or as you prefer, the 1.2 version.  I wonder if that would be a hard thing to implement in the setup.exe?

I, too, would love to see an option for the bar display.   -   Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Hi all,

Ver 1.3.1 hot-fix available through application's updater.

-------------

AGL/Altitude fixed.

GUI bug fixed (was caused by a "infinity" return of an FSUIPC offset when simulation was not ready while opening or if FSX process delayed its closing)

---

We note your requests about the GUI and in the next full version there will be an option to follow the new or old GUI. So all will be pleased :)

"Divide and rule" is the saying ? 

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Flight Simulator Platform Solutions
Senior Developer
visit us: Homepage / Our unofficial blog
2vhslld.jpg

Hi Ray,

I have found the 'gauge' display more to my liking...but perhaps, they could offer a sub-set GUI of either the gauge interface, or as you prefer, the 1.2 version.  I wonder if that would be a hard thing to implement in the setup.exe?

Hi Mitch. Many will prefer the gauges I expect. Babis has now acknowledged that so once the next version is released we'll all be happy. But what will be in the next version? Can this program be improved?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

But what will be in the next version? Can this program be improved?

Hi Ray,

About improving...I guess that will be for those that code...(smile).  I sat at KFNT about a minute ago...at 12 FPS.  Raining, overcast with ASN. I engaged Fiber..and shot right up to 18 FPS!  Took off..and coming out of the heavy scud...the AGL cycle kicked in..and away we went to 30 FPS.  Great program...some really innovative software has been released since January...so far, a great year for flight simulation, all platforms!

... But what will be in the next version? Can this program be improved?

We have some more ideas... Most originate from the great feedback you users provide.

Keep it coming and whatever is possible will be implemented.

We hear you. That is proved.

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Senior Developer
2vhslld.jpg

Ray, I am with you on the missing bars. The bars are more convenient to indicate what impacts I have on my CPU, Video etc.  Since I have an older computer I sometime fly with the bars on the side which is very helpful to make any adjustments.  For a three year old computer and only a I7- 2.8 Gateway settings are critical. However this software has been a blessing since I can now fly in and out of fsdt etc with my T7 with little stuttering maintain 10fps or higher.  To me that is fantastic.  Without FSPS I couldn't even attempt a take off just less any landing at KLAX, KJFK etc.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

This is a great product and it just keeps getting better with each timely update. I can now easily manage my ORBX universe + FSDT airports + T7 + (GSX, UTX, UT2, ENB, SHADE, etc.) with adequate FPS and improved awareness and management of OOM issues. I really like the addition of the realtime FSX memory in use gauge and the "video override" showing the max texture buffer being adjusted to met FSPS goals... very nice. Ditto the AGL switching.

I would like to hear a little more of an explanation of the "Efficiency" metric; how is it derived, what does it mean, and how can you use the info provided.

Also, had you considered alternate/multiple FSPS strategy/profiles? The current strategy seems focued on obtaining improved FPS. But for me I am a bit more concerned with obtaining the best visuals, emphasizing prompt texture loading and timely scenery autogen appearance, as long as smoothness and a MINIMUM FPS threshold is maintained.

I can't wait to see what you can do with OOM issue... best wishes for continued success with this very worthwhile utility.

Hmm...1.3.1 few issues.

The program window is too large for my low res screen and I see no way to resize it. Also 'minimize ribbon' button does not work.

Windows 8.1 here if that matters.

"The program window is too large for my low res screen" ?

How low is that "low-res" that is able at the same time to run FSX? And why minimize it? Just use alt-tab to switch to FSX if that is the problem.

Regards, Babis D. (BD)
Senior Developer
2vhslld.jpg

Am I the only one this product doesn't work for?

I fly GA and took my C210 up at two of my Orbx heavy-hitter airports...KBVS and S43.  The wx isn't too good today so an even tougher test.  I set my target FPS at 35 and took off.  After I was airborn at 1500 over W16, I turned it on.  I didn't notice any improvement whatsoever.  I transported over to KBVS and tried it.  Still...nothing.  It held about 20-25 (sometimes less) FPS at both.  

Is there some setting I'm missing?  Does it work better for high-flyers?  

Gregg

EDIT:  More info.  I'm running FSX DX9.  My sliders in my sim are set at or near the high end.  I switched back and forth between 'Lower' and 'Deactivated' as I was flying.  The gauges in the software are moving...just the FPS doesn't seem to be helped much.  I also tried shutting it down, changing my FSX frame limiter to 58 and restarting...still, it seemed to prefer 35 and there was no improvement.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Am I the only one this product doesn't work for?

No you're not Gregg. I uninstalled the previous version after seeing no benefit whatsoever, regardless of how much I persevered.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Same here.

It is obviously an excellent product, but it must depend on the system on which it is installed.  Perhaps higher end systems don't see the same benefit.  Mine is not a state-of-the-art "screaming machine", but I could not find a benefit after several hours of tweaking and trying different scenarios.

Wilson

Well...at least it told me (by reading the manual and looking at the gauges) that I needed to overclock...finally.  Still couldn't see a difference between when it's off or on.  Could it be that my external frame limiter was messing with it?  I'm out of demo so I guess I won't find out.  I'd say that a few more demos might do better for them.  If the software works, people will buy it.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM