Sign in to follow this  
787WannabePilot

Landscape Addons

What do you guys use for landscape addons?

I looked at Rex4 and Rex Essential w/OD, but they both appear to be airports, clouds, water and sky.

Any suggestions?

(Already run Active Sky Next, FYI)

The only thing I've added to current configuration (I used to have some photoreal stuff but got rid of it) is the Landclass upgrade from Scenery Tech (Flight1 software) and it's cheap... N Amer less than $20.  All my flying is at flight levels so I'm not big on details. The improvement in landclass definitions makes for a slightly more realistic view outside with NO impact on performance.  I used to have a scenery add-on that improved the terrain elevations/contours, it made an impression on me at KLAS Las Vegas where the bare mountains really jumped to life, but I've lost that add-on over the years of moving and new computers... that's the only landscape improvement that I'd be interested in. I had a chance to try out the ORBX stuff and passed on it because again, all my flying is either at altitude or arrival/departure and I need to be careful with my old Core2 quad's limited power.  Unless I am intimately familiar with the scenery around the terminal area, like Kyle is with KIAD, as long as the expressways, shorelines and lakes are in the right place I'm happy.

Dan Downs KCRP

Unless I am intimately familiar with the scenery around the terminal area, like Kyle is with KIAD, as long as the expressways, shorelines and lakes are in the right place I'm happy.

haha - so true though.  I struggled for so long at IAD with the default scenery thinking "these 'A' gates are so wrong..."

The surrounding scenery is equally as important, though, particularly in that area.  Since I fly VFR a bunch on my own (outside of the sim), I appreciate being able to keep tabs on where I am, visually.  Things like UTX, GEX and orbx (lots of xs!) are important for that.

Kyle Rodgers