Sign in to follow this  
hawkeye52

Xtreme Cities Limited Release (Official Release Tomorrow) from Ultimate Terrain Group

My house is somewhere in this set, so this is a must buy for me.  I just wish there was some way to put photoscenery in place of land textures.

My house is somewhere in this set, so this is a must buy for me.  I just wish there was some way to put photoscenery in place of land textures.

You can get MegaScenery 2.0 for your state and it will integrate perfectly with this according to them.  There are all MegaScenerie cities (haven't tried it before) that is even higher resolutions for urban areas so it may be convered by your city.

I have MegaScenery 2.0 for Maryland and I was impressed in many areas but let down in many others.  I also got Nuvecta for Maryland, and boy was I entirely regretful with that purchase.  Many tree areas were on top of roads and did not match up with the color of the photoscenery at all which made everything look horrible.  The only flight sim purchase I've ever made that I've been upset about.

I'm excited to see how well this xtreme cities integrates with FTX Global since I've become a little upset about the photo scenery I've already purchased and the fact that I'm a VFR guy.

Hey Robert, at that link there is a link to the product page, but also around that forum there are additional screenshots that allen posted (the main developer)  there are also PDF guides for the coverage areas and the manual that I've already read...I'm dying to try this out for myself so I've read all I can on it.

This looks like a revolutionary product. I have only seen a few screenshots but if buildings and houses can follow actual roads then the level of realism just went up a few notches.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

http://www.flight1.com/images/xcusasouthcentral/xcusasc5.jpg

Pics are very ordinary to put it mildly

Not sure what you mean, what we have are buildings that actually represent real buildings in the real world that line up to real roads which is pretty astounding to say the least...flight simmers seems to be the most pessimistic set of people around.  If you've read what Allen and his team have done it's pretty awesome that we now have a true representation of these urban landscapes.  if your house is within the  coverage you can literally land in front of it now!

Also it looks like Allen is very humble and unflatering in his screenshots I'm excited to see what more talented screenshots makers can take of these cities

Not sure what you mean, what we have are buildings that actually represent real buildings in the real world that line up to real roads which is pretty astounding to say the least...flight simmers seems to be the most pessimistic set of people around.  If you've read what Allen and his team have done it's pretty awesome that we now have a true representation of these urban landscapes.  if your house is within the  coverage you can literally land in front of it now!

Also it looks like Allen is very humble and unflatering in his screenshots I'm excited to see what more talented screenshots makers can take of these cities

Settle down Im just saying the promo pics don't look good.  Im actually surprised they were submitted. The idea itself is brilliant 

ZORAN

Settle down Im just saying the promo pics don't look good.  Im actually surprised they were submitted. The idea itself is brilliant 

Gotcha, I completely agree man...I'm dying to fly this myself in P3D but away from home :(  

I can't wait to see some screenies from people here.  I can def tell those UTX guys are very data/programming oriented and not graphics oriented like the FTX guys cause most of their screens are not very polished (small resolution, not antialiasing, no shadows).

I'm dying to fly around Austin and San Antionio to see how it looks myself.  It looks like the plans is 7 or 8 areas for with 15-20 cities each for major metro areas around thte US, so I'm hoping for San Diego, Baltimore, Raleigh, DC,  so we'll see just super excited on what this does an how happy I am with my past experienced with the level of quality UTX had in FSX.

There's Arno on fsdeveloper who's programming a similar technology (to place the autogen on the exact location). And there are sceneries like that for X-Plane as well. It uses Openstreetmap for most of them

I've notice in google maps that in many areas, not sure if it's everywhere, but the map does show plot-lines and building footprints.  I wonder if that is what they're using, or if that is the same kind of information openstreetmap is using. I've seen the old maps from the 70's that have the footprint/plot information, but I don't know if there is an updated mapping of such information.  There must be if I see it in maps in the US.   If one were to use the footprints, could you then use google streets to get a texture for a building, or choose from a palette of textures for it.  Or at least get height information ferreted out from satellite and aerial photos using parallax and/or known heights. 

I'll leave it to Allen to release screenies but I can say that it is an exceptional product in both FSX and P3D. I prefer it in P3D basically because it appears brighter and sharper. I can report no FPS issues. Depending on which area you load and what settings you configure it may take a little longer to load but nothing troublesome.

I was impressed by how seamlessly it integrated into FSX with GEX and P3D with FTXGlobal and Vector. Other than the natural boundaries, there is no "line of demarcation" at the edges.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors