Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Auto spoilers not arming

Hi is there a reason why, when i'm landing gear down, flaps 15 and when i go to arm the spoilers they click into place but immediately reset back to the up position? this is happening a few times now. is it a bug or something i'm not doing right?

Thanks.

Vernon Howells

this is happening a few times now. is it a bug or something i'm not doing right?

Do you have a spoiler axis assigned on your hardware?

Kyle Rodgers

yeh on my saitek under the throttle levers?

Disable it.  Try to arm.  Report back.

Kyle Rodgers

I just quit fsx and reloaded the flight was doing MAP and visual traffic patterns. any solution to this?

Vernon Howells

I just quit fsx and reloaded the flight was doing MAP and visual traffic patterns. any solution to this?

Solution to what?  The spoilers not arming?

Did you bother to try my suggestion?  That would be a definite solution because there's a conflict between your hardware position (being at zero) and the ARMED command (not at zero).

Kyle Rodgers

I quit before you mentioned it and restarted the visual traffic pattern and its working again. is this a known bug or something?

Vernon Howells

is this a known bug or something?

No.  Conflicts between your hardware and the sim is about as much of a known "bug" as someone calling a book written in German when they only speak English a "bug."

Your hardware keeps telling the sim "ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO ZERO" when the hardware is at the ZERO stop.  The ARMED detent isn't zero, so when you hit SHIFT+/ to set the spoilers to ARMED, the hardware is continuing its ZERO rant and the sim says "oh, zero again?  Okay!"

Right back to ZERO.

So no...not a bug.  Hardware conflict.  It's the same reason your autopilot will kick off if you have a trim axis assigned that you haven't zeroed out before hitting the AP.  It's the same reason your descents will suck if you don't place your hardware back to the zero stop before the commanded mode hits HOLD.

Kyle Rodgers

So the only way around this if it happens again is, go to fsx settings and disable the axis? i've not had any other issue or the ones you mentioned so far!

Vernon Howells

So the only way around this if it happens again is, go to fsx settings and disable the axis? i've not had any other issue or the ones you mentioned so far!

No...the best way to deal with this is eliminate the hardware conflict. Test and /or re-assign your hardware axes to ensure that the one you're using as your spoiler isn't yelling "ZERO, ZERO, ZERO..." when you need to arm the spoiler.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Test and /or re-assign your hardware axes

Ok what do you mean by this? change my assignment?

seems to be fine now.

Vernon Howells

Ok what do you mean by this? change my assignment?

seems to be fine now.

Apologies...I meant to say "re-calibrate"...but if the issue is fine, now, perhaps it's best not to do anything.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

yeh just comes and goes when it feels like it. i can try a re-calibrate but never done that before? thanks.

Vernon Howells

than it simple its your hard ware that causing the issues 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg