Sign in to follow this  
Bozdog

What nvidia driver do you use for fsx

Long story short, restore of pc back to 7 months ago. With several nvidia drivers I have had video playback issues and finally found one that worked well with fsx and my video software. Did I make a note of the number, did I back it up ? Nope, what a twit ! Anyway my restore meant that I was on one of the older drivers I had issues with. So took the plunge and just installed nvidia's latest 340.52 for Windows7 64bit.

After 10 hours of getting the PC back up to shape by restoring an image I just ran FSX and with a 2 minute check it appears to run, no dodgy graphics etc (Run over 3 screens on nvidia surround 680gtx). Didn’t do much of a test I know but wanted some sleep, and was just happy fsx loaded up ok !

I just wondered if anyone else on this driver? if so any issues I need to be aware of (I gather its awful for P3D)

Thanks

Steve

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Monitors, Video Cards and Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I updated to 340.52 lately, and FSX went crazy about it!

Started to see all kind of artifacts and problems for some reason.

If you see my posts history you will probably see some of those issues.

After hours of installing & uninstalling almost everything, I gave up and tried one last thing which was the drivers!

I rolled back to 337.88 and couldn't be happier. 

Sometime in the next few days I will probably give the newly released 344.11 driver a try. I have always been successful running every new release but, at this point I have gone all the way back to 335.23 to maintain system stability. Anything above that version showed great performance promise but was causing regular system crashes.

Its a  roll of the dice!!

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

I am also using the 340.52 driver on a newly installed GTX-780, and pleased with the operation.

I find that the CPU temperatures during FSX have dropped significantly from what they were with the dual GTX-580s.  This might be due to the 780 handling more of the load previously put on the i7-4770K.

RodeoGeorge

344.11. I can never understand all the angst about drivers and FSX. Get the latest and forget about it. I don't think FSX is on driver writer's radar anyway is it?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

340.52 and it is fine. Never had an issue with any WHQL drivers.

BR

Anders

And now on 344.11. No problems after now 6 hours in a longhaul with CS777-200. Appears very smooth.

Anders

hi everybody !

I have a nvidia geforce gtx 660 ti and i systematically used to download the last Nvidia drivers ...

I had several problems along my last FSX adventure.

The 340,52 driver is well compatible with FSX?

Thank's by advance for your replies...

Loïc from France

344.11. I can never understand all the angst about drivers and FSX. Get the latest and forget about it.

My advice would be to stick with what you have until you either experience a problem, or want a new feature that only the latest drivers can exploit. It really isn't a sensible idea to mess about with something that works just fine unless you really have to.

For the record, I am currently using 337.88.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Christopher,

Thank's for your answer.

Actually i have the last NVIDIA driver that NVIDIA proposed !

For the moment i don't have reinstalled FSX yet and i 'm looking for all the good tips in order to make the most effective FSX reinstallation.

SO, i didn't remember well when my FSX bugs appeared and which Nvidia driver i had at that time...  :unsure:

I'll test and keep you informed !!!

Loïc