Sign in to follow this  
Gregdpw

Anyway to move a waypoint in the fmc?

Just wondering if there is anyway to love a waypoint eaither more to the left or right? Or draw a path that will get me to a waypoint in another direction?

For example flying from ksea to ksfo. Using a real life route from flightaware it says they use the golden6 star. And with the winds coming out of the west they are using the 28 l and r. The golden6 star has me making a very very sharp turn about 5 miles east of the runway to the final approach. It would be nice to hit that glide scope at a better angle from farther away.

Thanks

The golden6 star ends with a vector to final. There is no need to move any waypoints.

Through the FMC? No.

There's reasons for that. For one, you cannot enter a fly-over waypoint. Those procedures are there to keep you safe. Do not touch them.

Now, for your own pleasure, have a look in the text files that your data provider supplies. Modify as you see fit ...

I just did that flight two days ago, RW.

ATC has the GOLDN6 end with a 140HDG out of SFO VOR. Maybe just add a 10 mile leg out on the SFO ie SFO140/10 and pretend that's the vector.

Matt Cee

Yeah that's pretty much what I want to do. How do I make a another leg to the route so I can line up more to the east of ksfo runway 28? Thanks

For one, you cannot enter a fly-over waypoint. ..

You can do it by entering waypoint and other waypoint in .1 mile along the leg:

XXX

XXX/.1

In legs page:

XXX

XXX01.

This will force the airplane to overfly XXX.

You can do it by entering waypoint and other waypoint in .1 mile along the leg:

XXX

XXX/.1

In legs page:

XXX

XXX01.

This will force the airplane to overfly XXX.

The point is FAA symbology as it relates to SID/STARS.

I just did that flight two days ago, RW.

ATC has the GOLDN6 end with a 140HDG out of SFO VOR. Maybe just add a 10 mile leg out on the SFO ie SFO140/10 and pretend that's the vector.

Yes, adding to it is no problem. You're not touching the STAR then.

Also, for what it's worth, I'd ditch the default ATC.  Trying to mesh flying a realistic plane, with realistic procedures, with a completely unrealistic version of ATC is asking for trouble.

Kyle Rodgers

I was looking on how to have the 737 fly offset to the waypoint and I just can't seem to figure it out?

The only thing I could find was a lateral offset. In the pmdg manual does it tell ya how to do this?

Actually I was looking at the tutorial 2 and on page 92 it shows what I am trying to do. Thanks!

Actually I was looking at the tutorial 2 and on page 92 it shows what I am trying to do.

The GOLDEN GATE SIX STAR ends at SFO and after that it would be vectors by ATC to intercept the localizer for 28L or 28R. After SFO where did you want to go? MEHTA, DUMBA, CEPIN or someplace else. If you can create a route in the FMC to say 28R the intercept angle becomes irrelevant. Tell me where you want to intercept the localizer for 28R and I will show you how to do it in the FMC.