Sign in to follow this  
Zombiescu

Anyone own the addon Air Hauler?

Does anyone own the addon air hauler? if so can you give me your opinions on it. Also if u know does the a2a c172 trainer work with it? 

Also is it hard to learn? or is it like Euro truck simulator 2 in the business sense if not, could someone recommend me an addon that is like Euro truck simulator 2 in the business sense.

Thank you! 

I've used Air Hauler since just about day one and still use it to this very day which is testament to its design and gameplay. IMO one of the very best career management programs  for FS.  No problem with the A2A Cessna it's pretty flexible in allowing you to use most all 3PD add on aircraft,  There are a number of reviews on it if you Google and/or search for it.  It's been around for awhile and I'm patiently waiting for AH2 and REX SIM AIR (If iSim Air ever materializes).  I have never played Euro Truck Sim so I can't comment on any similarities between it and AH.

RE Thomason Jr.

Air Hauler is nice, but for me it gets old after a few weeks. I've tried just about everything out there (FSCaptain, AH, FS-Airlines, FSPassengers) but the only thing that has stuck is FSeconomy. I've always gone back to this because of the multiplayer environment as well as it being free.

Air Hauler is nice, but for me it gets old after a few weeks. I've tried just about everything out there (FSCaptain, AH, FS-Airlines, FSPassengers) but the only thing that has stuck is FSeconomy. I've always gone back to this because of the multiplayer environment as well as it being free.

+1   

ZORAN

I've used Air Hauler since just about day one and still use it to this very day which is testament to its design and gameplay. IMO one of the very best career management programs for FS. No problem with the A2A Cessna it's pretty flexible in allowing you to use most all 3PD add on aircraft, There are a number of reviews on it if you Google and/or search for it. It's been around for awhile and I'm patiently waiting for AH2 and REX SIM AIR (If iSim Air ever materializes). I have never played Euro Truck Sim so I can't comment on any similarities between it and AH.

+1.

It's a great add-on - and customisable to whatever sort of flying you want to do - small, large, short, long, vintage, modern, bush, regional, inter-continental, GA, IFR - and wherever you want (or have good scenery for) in the world.

Does anyone own the addon air hauler? if so can you give me your opinions on it. Also if u know does the a2a c172 trainer work with it? 

Also is it hard to learn? or is it like Euro truck simulator 2 in the business sense if not, could someone recommend me an addon that is like Euro truck simulator 2 in the business sense.

Thank you!

I'd say it's rather similar to ETS in the business sense. You get a list of jobs, pick one, do it, cash in. Rinse, repeat until you have money for a better plane then restart the process. The software does it's job well enough but there's little variation and little enjoyment to be had after the first few flights, other than watching a virtual money pile grow. If I were to describe it in one word, it would be "grinding".

That said, if you like ETS you might like AH.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

I found it tied too hard to a real time clock...

If you schedule a flight and them real life happens by the time you get back to starting your sim... you have missed the flight time window and loose $$$ and rep...

Just a bit too real for my tastes .....

Is it possible to add the cessna 172 by A2A simulations or overwrite the default one that you start with in AH and put in the A2A simulations one?

Is it possible to add the cessna 172 by A2A simulations or overwrite the default one that you start with in AH and put in the A2A simulations one?

Yes, I run AH via FSUIPC Wide FS on a client machine and use the A2A C172 in place of the default one every time.  Even if you don't plan on running AH from a client machine  you can tell it you are and just point the app to your FSX .exe file when prompted and it will think that you are; or at least it did that several years ago.  Either way even if you play on the hardest difficulty (Career Mode) you can sell the default C172 for a 100K and have access to another 100K in overdraft funds. So as long as you don't plan on operating out of a major airport right at the start you can always just sell the default C172 and buy the A2A model but you really shouldn't have to do that.

RE Thomason Jr.

I don't have the A2A 172, but I have their Piper Cub working fine in AH. You probably can trick AH into giving you the A2A 172 instead (search on forum link below) but if you start out at the easy or medium level, you can sell the Caravan it gives you straight up, buy the 172 and pocket the change.

For help and useful info about all things AH, read here:

http://forum.justflight.com/forum_topics.asp?FID=33&SID=fa83fc5dbcc9b14zdaacb54zf1ezed41

I have had AH for several years now. I really like it. I read where AH2 is in the works.

Regards

Lamar Wright