Sign in to follow this  
Jsol

Glideslope callout

Hi guys. This might be a noob or silly question. But how do you disable glidslope callout? Its really annoying when i land. I tend to glide the plane low and slow most of the times and im already accustomed to it. I just want to disable the callout. Anybody know how?

Names required in this forum please.

And not being snooby, but you'd be disqualified by any check pilot if you flew below glide path that much... more than one dot and you're busted on a FAA check ride.

Dan Downs KCRP

This guy. lol I was just asking a question. If you dont want to answer the question then dont be too harsh pal. Would it really hurt to ask how to just disable it? Its not like its the real thing you know. Thats why its called a simulator. You are free to do whatever you want in the plane. I get 1white 3red and then gs callout starts. Im no expert but if you do know how to disable it then i would appreciate you sharing it with me. Thanks

Hit the glide slope inhibit button on the GPWS panel above the gear handle i think. We disable this warning when shooting localizer approaches 

Great man, that worked!. Thanks alot. I was looking for it in the FMC, Thanks alot. Cheers!

Why don't you learn to maintain the glideslope out of curiosity...?

Bingo...

That, and I'm finding it oddly telling that the FMC was searched.  Really goes to show how FMC-dependent the sim crowd it...

Kyle Rodgers

I do know how to maintain it. I get that callout when im super close to the threshold. It just annoys me. and Of course i do know how to fly it properly. 

Bingo...

That, and I'm finding it oddly telling that the FMC was searched.  Really goes to show how FMC-dependent the sim crowd it...

Im looking at the FMC because thats where the option is. Isnt it? Im no t7 expert but i sure am no noob. My dude i learned how to fly vor to vor first with xplane 8. I also fly fjs 727 alot if youve been to xp10 you know what im talking about. Im not hear to be schooled. Im here to ask a simple question. which has obviously been answered.

You people take things so seriously with just a simple question. Thats why this flightsim community never grows because of that attitude,

You could have at least have the courtesy to edit/delete one of your two identical posts.

I hate wasting my time with replies that are not even read.

Rob Robson

You people take things so seriously with just a simple question. Thats why this flightsim community never grows because of that attitude,

I'd actually argue exactly the opposite:

The community doesn't grow because people aren't willing to put into it.  They just want the simple answer to what they're looking for, instead of the actual answer to solve the problem.

You just asked the equivalent of "how do you shut the fire alarm off in my house?"

The answer provided was akin to "pull the battery out of the alarm."

The actual answer is "put the fire out."

Enjoy your burning house...

And for the record, no, it's not an option.  The "option" you're probably thinking of is the resettable siren that people pass off as a way to silence the AP disconnect alarm.  Similarly, that method is akin to pulling the battery out of the fire alarm, too.  The true way to silence the AP alarm is to hit the AP DISCO button a second time.

So again:

The community doesn't grow not because I tend to slap people upside the head with the correct information, but because people don't actually pay attention to the right information when it's given.  And even if it didn't grow because of that, at least we'd have a more knowledgeable, albeit smaller, community.  I'm okay with that.  If you're not, I'd suggest a different hobby.  This one involves a lot of learning, as someone who "learned to fly VOR to VOR back in the day" should know.

Kyle Rodgers

You could have at least have the courtesy to edit/delete one of your two identical posts.

I hate wasting my time with replies that are not even read.

Yes it's annoying when that happens. I wish AVSIM would merge multiple threads so all answers appear in one.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I hate wasting my time with replies that are not even read

My bad. I didnt realize that i double posted. Im still quite new to this forum. I dont usually post that much. How can you delete the other post? Ive been trying to look for it.

I'd actually argue exactly the opposite:

The community doesn't grow because people aren't willing to put into it.  They just want the simple answer to what they're looking for, instead of the actual answer to solve the problem.

You just asked the equivalent of "how do you shut the fire alarm off in my house?"

The answer provided was akin to "pull the battery out of the alarm."

The actual answer is "put the fire out."

Enjoy your burning house...

And for the record, no, it's not an option.  The "option" you're probably thinking of is the resettable siren that people pass off as a way to silence the AP disconnect alarm.  Similarly, that method is akin to pulling the battery out of the fire alarm, too.  The true way to silence the AP alarm is to hit the AP DISCO button a second time.

So again:

The community doesn't grow not because I tend to slap people upside the head with the correct information, but because people don't actually pay attention to the right information when it's given.  And even if it didn't grow because of that, at least we'd have a more knowledgeable, albeit smaller, community.  I'm okay with that.  If you're not, I'd suggest a different hobby.  This one involves a lot of learning, as someone who "learned to fly VOR to VOR back in the day" should know.

I dont know what your problem is with me dude. But i respect your opinion. Im just asking for a simple queston. I hope you respect my personal preference. Yes ive read the manual but sometimes its hard for me to understand thats why there is a forum to ask. English is not my first language.

Im not thinking of the resettable siren. Im thinking of the g/s inhibitor. Thats it. Is it so hard to understand? I like this hobby and have always had. I just dont get why you take things so personal. Anyways, with that being said. Have great day. Happy flying to everybody.

My bad. I didnt realize that i double posted. Im still quite new to this forum. I dont usually post that much. How can you delete the other post? Ive been trying to look for it.

You can't delete it. But as it's been replied to as well you could ask the mods to merge the two threads.

ki9cAAb.jpg

When I post something, I go back to the "main page" to see if and how my post posted.

If it is there twice, then I edit one of them.

I just delete everything and add "disregard double post"

This double posting stuff is an AVSIM problem and happens a lot (for me) if I try to post between 10:30-11:00am (Europe). Seems like AVSIM is doing maintenance at that time and goes offline for a bit there.

And Tapatalk causes even more problems (for me).....which is why I uninstalled it again a.s.a.p!

Rob Robson

You can't delete it. But as it's been replied to as well you could ask the mods to merge the two threads.

Ah sucks. 

When I post something, I go back to the "main page" to see if and how my post posted.

If it is there twice, then I edit one of them.

I just delete everything and add "disregard double post"

This double posting stuff is an AVSIM problem and happens a lot (for me) if I try to post between 10:30-11:00am (Europe). Seems like AVSIM is doing maintenance at that time and goes offline for a bit there.

And Tapatalk causes even more problems (for me).....which is why I uninstalled it again a.s.a.p!

I guess ill just edit it and say it was a double post. Thanks for letting me know. Have a great day.