Sign in to follow this  
Flyers28

CTD and now graphics problems

ugggggh fsx was working great for me for the first 2 weeks I had it.  Installed my Saitek joystick and (not that this was related, its just when it started) FSX was crashing so i had to let FSX create a new cfg file.  Reloaded all my settings within FSX but now the game is horribly un-smooth and I get these random green patches/lines and when i switch views things are all gray for a few seconds as if the textures are slow to load. 

I don't remember ever making tweaks to my cfg file but who knows, I went through so many cfg files just trying different tweaks.  So I have no idea what i did to my cfg file previously. 

hopefully some of you experts can help me out and I can get back to enjoying the game. 

Edit:

Alright somehow fsx fixed itself, no longer get the green lines or gray models and its smooth again.  

Sorry to waste a post.  I guess closing and opening fsx a bunch of times fixes problems, haha.

Alright somehow fsx fixed itself, no longer get the green lines or gray models and its smooth again.

Glad your problem was fixed but, if you have further issues, recommend you check out the AVSIM CTD Guide located to the right of this forum under Hot Spots. There's a link to AppCrashView which provides details of your crash(es) and might provide clues as to what is wrong.

I have also moved your topic to the CTD Forum.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks yea checked that out. That's what led to deleting FSX.cfg file. As for reading the error report... That was all gibberish. If it happens again I'll look more closely at it.