Sign in to follow this  
okupton

Making the Switch

I will give it a try!  But $60.00 is a lot of money when you live in South America Mike!

Orman

You won 't be sorry.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

But $60.00 is a lot of money when you live in South America Mike!

I understand ... however you are buying a complete simulator.   ^_^

You can drop that amount on just one aircraft, half that on a weather program.  :excl:

Not complaining about the price at all. Just seeing if now was the time to do it or not. Buying tonight and will let you know what I think about it. Thanks all for your advice

Orman

It's just 60 bucks for goodness sakes and you can get your money back. Hardly worth overthinking.

Hi okupton,

i mean where is the problem. Its just 60 bucks with a no question refund policy. You can only win either a great sim experience or 60 bucks back in your pocket. 

Rob made a good vid on how P3Dv2.x works like an airliner sim. PMDG finally made the jump on the P3Dv2.x train. Another pro of v2 is it is under constant development. The LM and the brave betas (not to forget the users who reports bugs, workarounds and solutions) working hard to make this a perfect sim.

Im not into airline simming as this is my real world job so i cant tell you which planes work or not. But the big airports like KIAD, KDEN , KIAH, KMCO etc are pretty good in performance and fit very nice into the v2.x world.  For me v2.x is a GA/helicopter/Military sim and it gives you a great immersive -nearly as real as it gets- feeling in nearly all kinds of situations. 

My choice P3Dv2.x + ASN + lots of ORBX + lots of choppers etc...simply WOW!!!!

The choice is yours... ;)

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

P3Dv2 is amazing.   I dropped FSX like a bad habit and if you are armed with Flight Estonia's Migration tool you don't have to worry about lose all of your FSX add-ons.   Most of the big airport add-ons are already P3D ready.   ORBX FTX Global is P3D ready.   MegaSceneryEarth is P3D ready for photoreal flyers.  EzDok can be used with P3D.  ActiveSkyNEXT and OPUS are P3D ready.  REX 4 Direct has native P3D support.     You can even get the PMDG 737NGX working with P3D with a little effort though it's not officially supported by PMDG.   I had very few of my FSX add-ons not load into P3D with the migration tool or with native P3D installers.  I am a happy birdy.  You will be too!   One of us!  One of us!

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

The LM and the brave betas (not to forget the users who reports bugs, workarounds and solutions) working hard to make this a perfect sim.

Yes they do ... I get a lot of "why didn't you tell LM to fix it" from people that have no idea that I may have already reported the issue but because it wasn't fixed they assume I (or other beta testers) never reported it.  Beta testers yield NO power, we test, we report, and we try to make it easy to duplicate ... we do NOT have control over LM's priorities, there is no "fix it now Wes or else hot line".  Some things get address, some do not.  

What I try to encourage folks to do is drop the drama (as it serves no purpose), present your information -- screen shots, videos, saved flight files, and provide steps on how to replicate.  The more folks that can confirm an issue the more likely LM will take note and try to come back with a solution (be it temporary or permanent).  When LM can, they often do.

The "this is a Beta product" comments are just silly in this day and age ... you could apply that comment to any software in existence including the very OS it runs on.  

This is not directed at anyone in specific, just a generic comment from what I see and get asked a lot.

Cheers, Rob.

What I try to encourage folks to do is drop the drama (as it serves no purpose), present your information -- screen shots, videos, saved flight files, and provide steps on how to replicate.

Rob, that's got to be some of the best advice I've seen.  Well said!

Scott

iFly 737NG is a poor performer in Prepar3d V2.3. I have tried to make it work several times but the frame rates are poor at best.

Cannot say I have seen the great performance with some ad dons others are saying are fine.

The AEX works but stick it with a UK 2000 airport some AI and weather and things start to stutter

also be aware that P3d does not offer a full screen mode so there are issue with micro stutters LM believe this is something Nvidia should look at and not themselves..see there forum.

But on the plus side it is a great looking sim once everything is ironed out it will supper cede FSX but not yet for airline flying IMHO?

All the best

Correct funny that so many skip the micro stutters which is a no go for me personally lol

At this point FSX is the main sim and watch carefully the progress LM is making ;-)

So Prepar3d is sitting on a nice SSD for testing lol

André

I think Aerosoft A318/A319 native P3D2.X release on Monday will start pushing more people toward P3D. 

The "this is a Beta product" comments

Rob,

Isn't this the complaint a lot of people had about FSX? FSX is dead because Microsoft is no longer providing updates. We've got what we wanted, a flight simulator that is constantly being updated. Yes, it's a pain sometimes because things get broken in the process and have to be fixed by a patch. It's the price you pay for using software that's in constant development. The other thing is, I'm not sure we're LM's target market.

NAX669.png

Purchased and  downloaded P3d V2.3 last night.  I only got to mess with it for about 10 minutes, but am quite excited about it.  Looking forward to finding the correct balance between performance and visuals and seeing what the hype is all about! 

Orman

The other thing is, I'm not sure we're LM's target market.

$60 product ... there's your target ;)

Flight simulators require some knowledge and effort to make work well ... I think MS Flight was about the only product that didn't require too much work/effort to get it running well.  But it also didn't have much depth and clearly was targeting at an audience that was VERY small (the casual flight simmer).  Nothing against casual flight simmers, to each his or her own, it's just that market is obviously pretty small.  Part of the attraction to flight simulation is the difficulty ... be it flight planning and setting up an FMC or just learning how to start a Cherokee on a cold morning.  In other words, the huge range on flexibility meets the huge range of what people like to do with flight simulators.

FSX has bugs (none being address), P3D V2.x has bugs which are being address, XP10.30 has bugs and some do get addressed ... bugs will always exists.  If Microsoft can't make a bug free OS (with 1000's of resoruces) what chances do you think LM or LR would have?

For some people, it's just one small bug and they toss in the towel game over, immersion killed, yada yada -- so what about the 1,000,000 million other aspects of the product that are working fine - they don't count/ignored?  

I just recently got some comments about how the clouds look like crap and "cotton balls", etc. etc. ... but not a single mention that trees I just flew over in my video are really just big X's ... go figure?  Flight simulation is about compromise and it will always be about compromise ... if someone gets fixated on a single tiny detail, they'll never be happy with any flight simulator ... they'll just move on to the next tiny detail.

Correct funny that so many skip the micro stutters which is a no go for me personally

I got Micro stutters in FSX, more so than in P3D ... I was still able to enjoy FSX, not sure why it would suddenly be different for P3D.  I've manged to reach a point in P3D where I don't get micro stutters, all I needed to do was figure out what my CPU/GPU could handle and adjust the graphics settings ... pretty simple, same process I used for FSX.  Are there some add-ons that cause Micro-Stutters, sure ... Orbx extreme grass setting, a lot of UT2 AI traffic, certain aircraft ... how do I manage that, simply turn some features down or off ... same thing I did in FSX only in P3D I'm able to keep many more features enabled.

Cheers, Rob.

how do I manage that, simply turn some features down or off ... same thing I did in FSX only in P3D I'm able to keep many more features enabled.

Careful Rob - you are about to get a bunch of posts about  "After paying $60 for a product, why should I have to turn down sliders to get good performance!"

Some folks are not in touch with reality.

I do as you do and I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoy flying in P3D focusing on the positives rather than the few negative issues.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors