Hi to all guys, is out there a joystick with right hand side throttle?

X52 or others all have left hand side throtle, I think you can't invert the throttle on the right hand side correct? Suppose you fly an airbus, the joy is on the left hand (captain) and you manage throttle with right, in the same way for Boeing, the only difference is that you haven't joy but in everyway you contro the aircarft with left hand and throttle with right.

Any ideas?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

The closest to this is using a joystick meant for your right hand in the left, and using a TQ for your throttles.  The issue is that all of the quality joysticks are not meant for your left hand (looking at you, my otherwise lovely X55) and as such it isn't that comfortable.

I do use it in the manner quite a bit though, mostly in combination with the Saitek TPM, as there's quite a few GA that I own that have that arrangement (stick + TPM).

I've thought about petitioning Saitek to produce a left handed or a neutral handed replacement grip for their X55, since the grip portion itself comes right off so you can change the springs.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Not sure how helpful this will be but the Thrustmaster Warthog is very usable from the right, that's how i use it in FSX

Ian R Tyldesley

There used to be Saitek Cyborg like that, too bad I don't see anything comparable today.

I have no clue why they abandoned what was a perfect design - and you could even change a grip from left to right-hand

or vice-versa. And the throttle was nice with a long throw.

I have the Logitech Attack 3 Joystick, I use for flying Airbus aircraft. I have custom built a stand for it at the right elevation so it feels more like flying an Airbus other than using the joystick sitting slouched on the desk. The Attack 3 is rather expensive, but worth it all the same! It can be used left hand or right hand, it has a built in throttle (which I never use!) It doesn't have the twist function but if you have rudder pedals like myself thats not an issue. Its a very nice piece of kit and I've had it going on four years now, I do have to calibrate it here and there like twice a week, but that isn't so bad! 

A while back, Saitek manufactured an ambidexterous joystick called the Cyborg Evo.

It had an adjustable button cluster on the top with 6(!) buttons and a hat switch which, by adjusting a screw, would allow the stick to be held in either left or right hands. A bottom grip was available to make it possible to rest your hand on the stick, either left or right, or the grip could be entirely removed.

The grip was most useful for ensuring you could twist the stick for the rudder axis.

The throttle was a single axis throttle at the back of the stick and was very wide, capable of being moved with either hand.

Unfortunately it seems to be a discontinued line.

I found one on ebay last year, after I broke the trigger on the one I have owned since 2005 odd. (the buttons are plastic, The trigger is a bit long, and after 9 years of using that trigger as a push-to-talk on Vatsim, it finally snapped off at the rotation point).

Unfortunately the one I got on ebay ended up having a broken hat switch, so I ended up having to pull it apart for parts instead.

joystick-cyborg-evo-neuf-20140822201339.

A while back, Saitek manufactured an ambidexterous joystick called the Cyborg Evo.

Hey, I bought one of those last year... I actually bought it simply to tear it apart & build a helicopter cyclic out of.  Works well.  Removed the spring, and am using the top 18 inches cut from a telescoping walking stick for the stick portion of the cyclic and grip. ^_^

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Thank you very much guys for your help.

I think that trustmaster can't be used as right-hand for throttle, is specifically dedigned for left-hand.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270