Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Orbx PNW Leg 10 Victoria - Bowerman

Orbx  PNW  Leg 10  Victoria - Bowerman

Our tour will take us from Victoria on Vancouver Island across the Straits of Juan de Fuca to the Olympic Peninsula where we will do a series of landings/touch and go's at Orbx airfields, then cross Puget Sound to mainland Washington continuing the tour of Orbx airstrips before turning to the west and completing our tour of Orbx strips, finishing at Bowerman Field on Greys Harbor.

Departing Victoria CYYJ, the route heads south 39nm, mostly over open water with views of the Olympic mountains in the distance.  As you approach the coast aim for Protection Island as your initial approach point to Diamond Point Airport 2WA1 for a full stop landing.  Departing Diamond point, fly 6mn south and perform a touch and go at Olympic Field WA45 (this airstrip and the parallel water strip are beautifully rendered in the Orbx 2WA1 scenery), then fly 5nm to Jefferson County Intl 0S9 for a full stop landing and $100 burger at the Spruce Goose Café.  Departing Jefferson County, leave your gear down and fly approximately 1nm (Hdg 110) for a touch and go at SFS Airpark 80WA (this small grass strip is well depicted in the Orbx 0S9 scenery package), then proceed east across Puget Sound and the southern tip of Whidbey Island crossing the shoreline of mainland Washington just the north of Paine Field (site of Boeing’s huge aircraft manufacturing facility) and land at Harvey Field S43.   Departing Harvey Field fly 5nm east and perform a touch and go at Monroe Firstair Airfield W16 then follow the Snoqualmie river south and perform a full stop landing at Fall City 1WA6.  Leaving Fall City head west (Hdg 237) for 26nm, flying directly over Renton Airport (site of Boeings 737 assembly plant) with views of Boeing Field on your right and SeaTac on your left.  Approaching Vashon Island, find the airport and setup for a full stop landing to the north (up hill) at Vashon Municipal 2S1.  Departing Vashon Muni, fly south1.6nm for a touch and go at Wax Orchards WA69, then turn east and fly to Cushman Meadows KCMW for a full stop landing.  Departing Cushman Meadows fly up the lake and land at Bear Gulch.  Departing Bear Gulch fly to Bowerman KHQM the final airport in this tour   Cushman Meadows is a fictional airport created by Bill Womack as is Bear Gulch.  If you do not have this scenery, proceed to Mt Olympus and circle it once before proceeding the the final airport KHQM. If time permits we may want to do a circuit of the airports around Greys Harbor: Hogans Corner 5WA8, Ocean Shores W04, Westport 14S.

Because this is a relatively long leg I recommend that you chose an aircraft that is reasonably fast (140+knts) but able to get in/out of small airstrips.

I will be flying the Carenado C337 Skymaster.

PNW10%2B337%2B2.jpg

Just a reminder, please take your "current" (title=) name of the aircraft you will be flying today from the aircraft.cfg and use the spreadsheet to enter it.                           

This leg features many Orbx airport sceneries as noted below.

Recommended Scenery: Orbx FTX Pacific Northwest (PNW) Regional Scenery

Orbx Diamond Point Airport (2WA1)

Jefferson County International (0S9)

Harvey Field (S43)

Monroe Firstair (W16)

Fall City (1WA6)

Vashon Island (2S1) (FREEWARE)

Cushman Meadows (KCMW) (Fictional Location)

Bowerman Airport (KHQM) (FREEWARE)

Skyvector Flightplan here.

Time: Saturday Sep 20, 19:00 UTC

Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel

Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com

Multiplayer FSX Multiplayer (IP will be provided on Teamspeak)

The digital flightplan (in FSX format) and information sheet about the route is available from the DropBox location here.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Whoa! How did I miss this? I thought we'd been abandoned. I think I'll be using a twin this week. Milviz C310

245bm2.jpg

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

I think I'll be using a twin this week. Milviz C310

A 310 into Vashon?  You're a braver man than I!

Hey - nice paint.  Any idea where I could get that?  :lol:

Scott

Dang! I just noticed the t&g at Olympic Field! That will be touch and go! :unsure:

A 310 into Vashon?  You're a braver man than I!

Hey - nice paint.  Any idea where I could get that?  :lol:

Scott

It's all about speed management Scott. :wink:

Click on my signature and have a rummage around. It's in 'Milviz' folder.

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

It's all about speed management Scott. :wink:

Isn't it just.  I've gone in there with the A2A 172 with no problems, but met some trees with the C210 - that whole "50' obstacle" thing.  A 310?  Outside my FSX skillset, I guess.  When it comes to the shorter stuff, I'm a better RW pilot than I am a sim one I'm afraid.

Click on my signature and have a rummage around. It's in 'Milviz' folder.

Yeah, that was s'posed to be a funny.  My cockeyed way of saying nice work and thanks.  I've already DL'ed it.

Scott

That Atlantic has a lot to answer for. :rolleyes:

I'll be flying the "turbo normalized" :P C185F tundra in the US Forest Service livery as flown in the Rocky Mountains 3 flight. You may already have this paint, all the info is on the spreadsheet.  (Top speed, level flight ~ 165kts)  Taking this livery cuz y'all in some "HOT" aircraft, going to make sure you don't start a fire somewhere LOL!

Screen_07122014_143240.jpg

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

On account of opening my big mouth about landing at Vashon.....I tried it.

Success! Touch down as early as you can and have faith. It's uphill so not so bad.

I've now successfully put myself under the cosh to do it in front of you lot. :wacko:

Well done Ron,  Now try a full stop at 80WA.  :smile:   

BTW, I will be OpusFSXing on Saturday.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Not one to refuse a challenge. I made it in OK, in fact I was feeling pretty smug. -_- A slight problem getting out though...in that I didn't!  :(

EDIT: I see it's a Touch 'n' Go, phew!

F33 Bonanza

Little change in plan.. Ricki tells me that she has booked two nights on Saturna Island, so look for me on the ferry as you fly by  B)

Bert

Little change in plan.. Ricki tells me that she has booked two nights on Saturna Island, so look for me on the ferry as you fly by

You're a lucky man!  Enjoy.

Scott

After Jeff's dare of 80WA, decided to go there. It was harder to find than, well, most of em.. ( A needle in a needle stack)  Got it down then looked at the sectional closer.  At first I thought it was the 'ol Matthew Broderick movie, 'War Games' . ( It's an 80's flashback week on the movie channel )  I found this.  No it couldn't be. That scene was on an island.... So.. the question is.. What is this place? A "Boomer" kennel? The key word is "requested" .. Just may stray to see what is up, the leash broke. 

Pre zoomed for brevity. What else could it be? 

Edit - it is Naval Base Kitsap, boomers "could be there" .  What is there is "FS wise", is  "THE" USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN-71) .                

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

I'll have some of what he's taking! :blink: