Sign in to follow this  
Simflyer905

737NGX cockpit - not looking as nice for me as some others on youtube

Hi all,

I purchased the 737NGX add-on aircraft after seeing some great youtube clips of it.  The virtual cockpit looked so realistic to me, I had to do a double-take.  I have invested in a top of the line setup to run my FSX, this plane, and some other add-ons for scenery, etc.

I am finding that my virtual cockpit in FSX doesn't look as realistic as those on youtube!   Theirs are a little darker, have this intense realism to it, that I can't explain, in the way the panels and gauges look.   Mine still looks like a game.  I have all the settings cranked in FSX for aircraft.   Is there some specific place I should be looking as well?    I was cranking up the aliasing options on my Nvidia GTX780 control panel, thinking this would help.  Still more tweaking to do.   

Hope someone can help point me in the right direction.   i certainly have the rig to do any processing to make this product look as real and smooth as it can.

thanks,

SF

All I can say Simflyer, is that there must be some issue at your end, because the NGX IMO, is one of the most realistic looking VCs of any aircraft. Firstly, have you gone into the options panel for the VC in the NGX folder and ensured it is set at hi resolution? There are boxes to tick and untick that affect the performance and look of different aspects of the VC.

The next thing is to ensure you have your GPU setup correctly. If using Nvidia then you need to have installed Nvidia Inspector and forget about the default graphic controller. Set correctly, it can provide greatly enhanced visuals, albeit at a slight cost on performance, but then that's a choice we all have to make in FSX. As for comparing YT videos, sure, as Øystein has said, it may be that all manner of effects have been used.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

If you saw one of mine, it's the ENB shader mod.  Use at your own risk, because it introduces a number of instabilities in various systems (and in my system, just a couple minor ones).

Kyle Rodgers

I've seen a lot of youtbue videos with the NGX and most of them use some sort of shader or post editing.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

have you gone into the options panel for the VC in the NGX folder and ensured it is set at hi resolution?

Nope, fairly new to the adding of aircraft and such, so thanks for pointing this step out.     I agree the NGX looks amazing, just not in my setup (yet).   I'll give this a go.   I'm prepared to fiddle with the Nvidia inspector as well.    I just found out about the SweetFX, ENB Series, and Shader.   Also ASN.    Gonna get this VC looking perfect first.

Thanks for the tips and if you have any other suggestions, please share!

SF905

Only thing that bothered me in the NGX was the vinyl glare shield. When flying I like to be zoomed in fairly close, and the glare texture was not the sharpest. So I re did the glare with a hidef texture and for me it really brought the whole VC into focus on my Dell 30" monitor. I'd be glad to share the texture, but am not sure if thats ok with PMDG and Avsim. I certainly dont want to be banned from this great resource or do anything to get PMDG upset. Can someone clarify the policies with sharing such a texture? (click pic to zoom in)

original.jpg

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Chris what scenery is that...looks like a real picture from the cockpit

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Chris what scenery is that...looks like a real picture from the cockpit

Hi Ron, Somewhere over New Mexico, not sure exactly where in New Mexico though. Its Megascenery Earth V2 with Active Sky Next and Mogwaisoft Shade.

C

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg